Elena then suddenly ran out of her room. I furrowed my brows and chased after her, not wanting her to be by herself. She raced down the stairs and I followed quickly behind.

"Elena." I called out, trying to get her to slow down.

"Where is he?" Elena suddenly asked

Elena then sighed heavily. "Oh, thank god. This compass was spinning. Stefan must be here. Thank you."

I glanced around the livingroom one last time as Elena hung up the phone. I could feel the presence of someone. There was a vampire nearby, and while I wanted to believe it was Stefan, this one felt way too close.

A man suddenly dropped from the ceiling right in front of me. I screamed and very quickly pushed Elena out of the way. My heart was beating rapidly as I faced down the unknown man. His fangs extended and he lashed forward, grabbing onto me and attempting to sink his fangs into my neck. My mind was in such a panic that I didn't have it in me to use my magic. It felt like I was frozen.

Stefan suddenly appeared out of nowhere and grabbed the man, throwing him away from me and knocking him over the living room couch. The force of Stefan knocked me over in the process, causing me to land harshly on my back. The vampire growled angrily and sped out of the house.

Elena got up from the floor from where she had landed when I had pushed her and immediately hugged Stefan. I sighed shakily and lent back, laying on the hardwood floor. That was way too close. If Stefan hadn't already been on his way, I would have been dead, and so would Elena.

I couldn't help but beat myself up over it. I should have been faster, I should have used my magic before he even managed to get his fangs anywhere near me. But I had frozen up. I could have gotten us killed.

Elena and Stefan were suddenly kneeling by my side. "Are you okay?" Elena asked worriedly.

"I'm good. That was a close one, huh?" I said, using humor to mask my genuine fear.

"Too close. I'm going to call Damon. Elena, can I borrow your phone?" Stefan asked. Elena nodded and Stefan got up, grabbing Elena's phone and dialing Damon's number.

"Are you just going to lie on the floor?" Elena asked me lightly, trying to shake off her own fear.

"Yes. I live here now." I said dramatically

"You do live here, you're in our hallway." Elena replied

"That's true." I nodded before reluctantly pushing myself up off the floor. I stood up just as Damon opened the front door.

I glanced at him in surprise as he walked in and closed the door. "That was fast."

Damon walked up to me, his eyes racking over form for any sign of injury. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. No bites, no scratches. Just a sore tailbone. If Stefan hadn't been here, it would have been a different story." I said

Damon nodded and sighed, his shoulders deflated slightly, making me realize just how tense he had been. He then gestured towards the couch. "You should sit down, you're shaking."

"I'm not..." I trailed off as I looked down to notice my hands were trembling. I nodded and walked over to the sofa taking a seat. Elena walked over and sat down next to me, she looked just as scared as I felt. Stefan took a seat beside Elena, trying to give her some comfort.

"Well, how'd he get in?" Damon asked as he paced the livingroom floor.

"He was invited in." Elena said

"He posed as a pizza delivery guy last night." Stefan added

"Well, he gets points for that. Did he say what he wanted?" Damon asked