ɆӾ₮Ɽ₳ - 01

Lu Xiaobei had three clients scheduled today with small tattoos; one for the back of the hand and two arm-bands which were still enough to fill up his entire day. He had never liked summer as he was used to wearing a mask while working and no matter how high the AC was, he still felt stuffy.

"Handsome man, will mine be finished in another hour?"

Lu Xiaobei didn't look up. He tugged on his mask and said, "Yes. It'll only take about half an hour."

He had already finished the main design on the back of the hand and only needed to add a few lines on the client's fingers. Lu Xiaobei used his thumb and forefinger to hold onto the client's finger, and he used his ring and middle fingers to hold a cotton swab as he carefully finished the last lines. His phone vibrated twice in his pants pocket, but he had no time to worry about incoming messages.

After finishing up, he sprayed soap onto the finished design. As he wiped it off, the client expressed his satisfaction. Lu Xiaobei picked up the coil and darkened a few areas before he was satisfied and asked, "Is it okay? Anywhere you want to change?

The client was already satisfied, and the result was a little better than he had initially expected. He was very quick to take out the phone to transfer the final payment, and Lu Xiaobei said, "Awesome, my buddies also want to get tattoos and I'll definitely tell them to come to you."

Lu Xiaobei took off the gloves and mask before he said, "Thanks, if you feel that the color is too light, contact me for a touch-up."

"Okay."

After the customer left, Lu Xiaobei took out the store's cell phone to collect the money, and then took out his personal phone to check the previous text messages. There were two WeChat messages on the screen which were from the little fool Lin Cheng. He opened it and looked.

[Brother, when do you have time, ah?]

[I want to invite you to dinner.]

Lu Xiaobei raised his eyebrows and moved his fingers to reply to him, [Just say it.]

Below in the lobby, his next client was already here. After sending this message, Lu Xiaobei didn't have the chance to pick up his phone again for the rest of the afternoon. The next two arm-bands were both for girls who were roommates that came here to get tattoos with matching designs together. By the time he finished, it was already dark out. The little girls' eyes were red from the pain. Lu Xiaobei spoke with the girls about the precautions and received the money before he sent them on their way.

He had been stuck behind the mask and tattooed for the entire day. He fell limp onto the sofa, and didn't want to move as he was too lazy to even blink. Many people felt that tattoo artists earned money very quickly. They were able to earn thousands of yuan or even ten-thousands just by poking an image onto someone's body which they called highway robbery.

In the end, it wasn't easy earning money which those in the industry knew that it was tiring. Sometimes, they would have to sit there for an entire day without time to eat or even go to the bathroom. To finish a tattoo, they could even work for a dozen hours continuously. After rushing a full-back tattoo, every bone in their bodies would feel stiff and all their joints would pop so they would wish to take their bones out.

Lu Xiaobei pulled out his phone and held it up in front of his eyes. Before he had put it away last time, he had been looking at his chat with Lin Cheng. Thus, after unlocking it, the phone was still on this page. Lin Cheng had replied to him twice since then.

[I don't need anything. I just want to have a meal with you.]

[Is that okay, brother?]

Lu Xiaobei did not reply and read the other unread messages before he put the phone back into his pocket and closed his eyes as he continued to act dead.