ͲᏔᎬΝͲᎽ ᎬᏆᏀᎻͲ

"Mr. Lin." Xiao Zhan still called him that, and then repeated it again, "Mr. Lin."

Lin An looked at him with very red eyes.

Xiao Zhan said, "Let's not talk about the past. You know me, when did you ever hear me talk about the past?"

He said this with a mild smile on his face, but the words sounded a little heartless and cruel. Lin An rubbed his fingers and looked so thin standing there. He spoke with his voice that sounded a little hoarse, "But you didn't say anything. It's still there."

Xiao Zhan nodded and said, "Yes, it exists, and there's no denying that we were good, very, very good. I respect everything that exists in the world, but that doesn't mean I have to dwell on it forever."

Xiao Zhan didn't say anything serious when they separated as he just made a decision quickly and then executed it immediately without the slightest hesitation. It was not that he did not attach importance to the relationship, but actually because he respected it and took it very seriously. That was why he did not rub sand into his eyes, and could not let it become a burden and pain for both parties.

Lin An certainly understood him, so after the separation he did not contact Xiao Zhan, because he knew that the contact would be fruitless.

When Xiao Zhan finished, Lin An gently touched his chin. His voice was very despondent and hoarse, "It is true that I could not let go of some things...It's true that I was wrong in the beginning. But I didn't really do anything wrong. I didn't get together with her, and you...I've been single since the breakup. You're right, I do know you, so I'm afraid to go to you, even though I regret it very much." He looked Xiao Zhan directly in the eyes and repeated again, "Xiao Zhan, I regret it very much."

The person in front of him was still the same person he knew, the same person he used to see every night before he went to bed, and Xiao Zhan closed his eyes before he raised his hand and patted Lin An's back while saying, "Happy New Year, Mr. Lin. After this year, let's turn the page. The road has to go forward, people have to look forward, the past is the past."

Xiao Zhan took Lin An to the entrance of the district where his car was parked. When he left, Xiao Zhan just waved his hand at him and didn't say anything. There is no need to say a hypocritical goodbye, and Xiao Zhan did not want to say goodbye at all.

Dr. Xu was fiddling with her cell phone when she saw him coming back and asked, "Did he leave?"

"Yes." Xiao Zhan finished changing his shoes and breathed into his hands before he said, "It's cold today."

"What day is not cold? It is forgiving even if it is not 30 degrees below zero during the waxing moon." Dr. Xu looked at Xiao Zhan's face and didn't ask or say much.

Xiao Zhan made a hmm sound, took off his jacket and washed his hands before he went into his room and did not come out.

He spoke very directly and heartlessly. However, at the end of every relationship, something would leave with it. This was because every relationship was connected to feelings and the heart. It was enough that he had given his rejection without any hesitations or struggle, but to say that he was not affected would be a lie.

Xiao Zhan thought to himself at the time that he had indeed laughed too much in the past two days and was a bit too arrogant.

After Old Xiao woke up and whispered to Dr. Xu outside. He didn't come in to disturb him, and Xiao Zhan lay on his bed and closed his eyes to rest, but he didn't want to get up. His mind was in turmoil with a jumble of past fragments. His chest was very dull like it was blocked with something unhappy.

When he went out in the afternoon, he estimated that it was really freezing and after lying down for a while, he felt so uncomfortable that it should not only be a matter of emotions since he had a headache and was also dizzy.