ͲᎻᎡᎬᎬ

It was 3:30 a.m. by the time Xiao Zhan got home so it was almost dawn. He took off his leather jacket and found that his T-shirt felt a little wet. It was still hot during the end of August. The leather jacket was not breathable and it was also uncomfortable. He casually took a shower before he fell into bed. The next day was not the start of the weekend, and he had classes.

When his alarm went off, Xiao Zhan dragged his feet for ten minutes before he finally got up while frowning from the feeling that his head was about to explode. After drinking so much alcohol, he had only slept for three hours so he had fucked up.

During class, a student in the front row asked him, "Professor Xiao didn't sleep well last night?"

Xiao Zhan nodded and said, "Yeah, insomnia."

"Handsome Xiao has insomnia? What are you worried about?" The students chatted with Xiao Zhan from their seats. Since Xiao Zhan was also young, the students did not feel any sense of distance from him.

Xiao Zhan remarked, "I'm worried about how all of you will pass your finals. After looking at the assignments you've all handed in, it seems you guys won't pass the final even if I give you all a break."

Xiao Zhan slumped on his desk between classes while squinting his eyes. Just on the topic of last night, he couldn't help but think of the absurdity that had occurred. Perhaps, it had originally been quite a sad night since he did not expect his emotions to be stirred up by a stranger.

And that stranger really looked...quite handsome.

Xiao Zhan thought that last night the man had said his name was 'Wang Yibo' with the appearance of a cigarette in his mouth and a mild expression on his face. Xiao Zhan rubbed his head against his arm, and didn't hide the appreciation he felt inside for this person's appearance. For so many years, he was with someone which caused him to be afraid of looking at those he preferred to look at because he felt sorry for his lover if he were to look at some handsome man on the road. After separating, he did not meet anyone who caught his eye, and he didn't think of looking any longer since he rarely saw one.

After class, Xiao Zhan made a trip to the laboratory to retrieve a dataset. Before he left, he glanced at the clear little fish in the incubator. He didn't have class later, so he planned on going home to take a nap. His phone rang. He glanced at it. It was his mom, Doctor Xu. 

"Coming home tonight, Handsome Xiao?"

Xiao Zhan was exasperated. "Don't mock me, Leader. What Handsome Xiao, huh? Tell me what you want."

"Nothing really. But the weekend is here, right? I wanted to know if you're coming back home or not," she replied from the other end of the phone.

"I'll be coming back." Xiao Zhan replied.

"That's good. See you tonight." Dr. Xu hung up the phone as soon as she got the reply she wanted.

Xiao Zhan was originally planning on going back home to sleep, but now that plan didn't look like it was possible. Whenever Dr. Xu asked him whether he was coming back home or not, it meant that he should go back immediately. He also hadn't gone home in a while. Xiao Zhan didn't mind going home since he had a good relationship with his parents, but ever since he had broken up with Lin An, Dr. Xu found every opportunity to ask him about his relationship status which made him feel a bit uncomfortable.

It wasn't that he didn't want to go home. It was just that he really didn't want to hear anything regarding Lin An.

Xiao Zhan arrived at his parents' apartment building and spent half an hour looking for a parking space. He had looked for such a long time that he began to feel at peace with himself. When he went upstairs, a meal was already set on the table while his father sat at the table with both hands on top of the table as he looked at his phone.