Epilogue -Everly

It took Aston six months to fully recover. I thought he would die on the pavement outside of Thomas Real Estate Group. But he's a fighter with more strength than I ever considered.

Now, he has a huge scar across his chest, proof of what Will did to him that night. But I swear it adds to his rugged appeal. I make sure to run my tongue along it often as it's proof of his bravery.

Kaley continues to do well. She was able to avoid jail time. She finished her treatment at Shining Stars Rehabilitation Center and now works at Grinders Coffee. She lives with Julie in Seattle.

I couldn't be more proud.

While I miss them both, I'm sure to visit often. And it makes me feel good to know that Julie's keeping an eye on Kaley for me.

You might be wondering what happened to #cancelaston. After the news broke that he saved me, that hashtag disappeared, and things turned around for the better. We'd already had a successful charity event, but that, combined with Aston's selflessness in saving me, made people realize he's not such a bad guy.

His secret is still safe with me. No one knows what Sienna did to him. I plan on taking that one to the grave.

He walks in now, looking down at me with smoldering eyes.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," he says, sitting next to me. "You look fucking cute in that dress, that's all."

I narrow my eyes at him, realizing he's ready to take me to bed. "It's noon," I remind him, and I still have a lot of work to do."

After news spread about what I did for Aston's image, I became the most wanted crisis manager in the country. Now, I teach seminars on the topic and work as a consultant. The jobs have continued flowing in.

But when Aston looks at me this way, with heat in his eyes, my stomach tightens in knots, and I have to stop what I'm doing.

"Fuck your work," he growls, picking me off the sofa. "I want to be inside you."

I scream as he puts me over his shoulder, marching me back to the primary bedroom that we now share.

I have a feeling I will get a lot of Aston today. He'll make me come multiple times until I'm dizzy and feel like I'm floating outside my body, unable to move.

He throws me down on the bed, positioning himself between my thighs. I become wet for him as I know what's about to come—his giant cock inside me. But before he devours every inch of my body, I notice something next to me.

"What's that?" I ask suspiciously.

"I don't know. Open it."

It's a small black velvet box. Just the sight of it sends my heart beating hard against my chest. I lick my lips, which are suddenly dry.

I take the box with trembling fingers as Aston sinks to one knee beside the bed.

"You can't be serious," I say. "What are you doing?"

My palms grow sweaty, and I lose all sense of time and space as I realize the colossal reality of this moment.

He's doing it. He's actually doing it.

As I open the box to reveal a sparkling diamond bigger than I've ever seen, Aston says, "Everly Hunter, you know how much I fucking love you. From the moment I saw you, I knew I wanted you, but I wasn't ready. Yet, you were there for me. You never gave up on me. I'll never forget that. Then, I almost lost you, and I've never been so fucking afraid. It's safe to say I'm ready now. I can't live without you. Will you do me the great honor of marrying me?"

Tears spring to my eyes as I fall to the floor with him. I grasp my hands around his neck, pulling him toward me closer, ever closer.

"Of course! Of course, I'll marry you. I love you, Aston."

Only then does he take my mouth to his, pressing his lips to mine, enveloping me in an all-encompassing kiss.

He grasps me in his arms tight, and I know now that it's only the beginning. It's the promise of our future to come.

Aston.

Yes.

My soulmate.

Forever.