Chapter 33 -Aston

Everly is asleep in my bed, curled up like a little fucking princess.

She must've been spent after all that fucking.

I've left her to sleep and am in my office doing some work when I receive a late-night phone call.

It's Sienna.

"What the fuck do you want?" I answer.

"What do I want?" Her voice is venomous. "I'll tell you what I want. Have you opened Pirate Media lately?"

I shake my head. "No. Why the fuck would I care what some paparazzi site has going on?"

"They have pictures of you, that's why," she retorts. "Have you moved on so quickly from me?"

I open my laptop and go to Pirate Media to see precisely what the fuck she's talking about. Sure enough, there are photos of Everly and me at la Liaison de la Rue tonight.

Fuck.

I knew people were taking pictures of us, but I didn't think they'd land so quickly in the media.

The hailstorm of bad press is never-ending.

I run a frustrated hand through my thick blonde hair and think about what to do. This is Everly's neck of the woods, not mine.

"So?" Sienna presses. "Who's the woman with you?

"It's none of your goddamn business," I say, teeth clenched. "My life stopped being your business when you started fucking Will. Remember him? The man you chose over me?"

"That's an excuse, Aston. You still owe me an explanation for why you've moved on so quickly," she says, voice laced with ice.

Sienna's words aren't affecting me like they usually would. Maybe it's because I know I have Everly tucked away in my bed. Beautiful fucking Everly. I can still taste her pussy on my lips when I lick them.

"Sienna, I owe you no such thing. You aren't in my life anymore, and that was by choice. So, why don't you and Will ride off into the fucking sunset."

She's quiet for an extended moment. "Things aren't so great with him," she says. "We might be taking a break. He has some anger issues."

"A break?" I repeat, exasperated. "You mean to tell me you put me through hell and back only to decide to take a break with him? That's fucked, Sienna."

"I know," she says softly. "Maybe I realized what a great guy I lost in the process."

Fuck that. I won't hear the things she's saying.

Sienna left me for him. I won't have her trying to come running back into my arms.

It's over.

I sigh deeply. "Sienna, you made your choice. It was the wrong choice, but it was a choice nonetheless. Now you have to live with it."

"But—"

"There's not buts or ifs or maybes. We're over. That's the way you wanted it."

"I didn't realize what I was giving up, how much I would miss you."

For a second, her words stab at my heart. The pain is still there, though it's lessened some thanks to Everly. But Sienna's words threaten to bring it up, make it fresh, and undo all the healing that's happened since our break-up. I can't let that happen.

"You can't say these things to me," I tell her. "I mean it. We're finished. Go back to Will and forget about me."

She cries softly into the phone. "I made a mistake."

"Yes, you did. But it's too late to fix it now."

"Goodbye, Sienna." I hang up the phone, not wanting to hear any more of her tears or excuses.

She made her choice. Now, she has to live with it.

I lean back in my chair, folding my hands before me. I survey the pictures on Pirate Media, and there's only one thing I can think of—how fucking beautiful Everly looks.

I saw it before, how fucking great she is, but I was too concerned with my pain to pursue her. Now, all that's changed. She's changed me. She's made me a better man.

Thanks to her, I can see the future instead of a dark and dismal past. It seems pretty fucking happy.

Everly.