》ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ《

"Of all kind of things, you make the most appearance in my dreams."

-

( Same day )

Yeonjun now walked like all his life had worn out of him. This shock was terribly hard to process.

His face paled off alarmingly as if dried off from blood completely, hands and body shaking as he walked slowly. Fuck why does this hurt so much?

His life is fucking screwed up. He can't even imagine how much more he was yet to learn about this.

The older kept on mumbling incoherent words under his breath repeatedly, his head dropped down as his feel dragged along the road soundlessly.

"I just wanted to live in peace just as I promised to him... Was it too much to ask?" Yeonjun mumbled this to himself as he felt his body temperature specially his hands and feet freezing up from the harsh cold wind hitting his skim directly. Lips quivered, Heart beating abnormally, mind all over the place, in one word, he felt pathetic.

Miserable.

Self pity.

He felt like he will drown himself in all this emotions and was hanging by such a fragile string that will break any moment and.... done.

"Hyung?" Yeonjun was so immersed in his thoughts that he couldn't bother himself to look around a bit. That's why probably he didn't realize the soul appearing out of the blue, now beside him wearing a confused face.

Call Yeonjun a damn deep over thinker or anything at this stage, because he feels ashamed of facing the younger's soul now. That overwhelming feeling of guilt was too much to handle for him for now.

Soobin noticed the human infront of him refusing to make any eye contact being completely wordless. The mortal didn't reply to his call but somehow his body language replied to the call because when the soul called the mortal, he momentarily stopped before walking again that left the soul no other choice but to follow him.

"Hyung, Wait! What happened?" Soobin tried to hold the latter's hand but the older was faster while immediately retracting his hands because he noticed all this days that whenever the soul makes any skin contact, he sort of freezes and gets flashback. He was afraid that if Soobin seized his hand now, be might see the flashback of his well planned murder.

This defensive act caught the soul off guard.

"Hyung did I do something? At least talk to me please?" The mortal's heart ached hearing the plead coming out from the soul and he could see the soul's opal glimmering brightly from his side vision.

Why is he thinking that he did something..

Soobin... You didn't do anything. It was me.

If we never met, you wouldn't have met this tragic end.

You never deserved it.

You wanted to live... whereas I didn't. Why did we meet?

The older didn't even realize tears had really escaped his eyes rolling down his cheeks. He had been so drenched in his own guilt and emotions that he didn't realize he already started crying. And that was the last straw for Soobin. He was this close to yell at the older feeling a rush of frustration inside him.

Is this what humans call being desperate?

"WHAT HAPPENED? WILL YOU PLEASE STOP TESTING MY PATIENCE HYUNG?"