Chapter twenty five

Klaus continued to paint while Genevieve updated him on the day's events as I walked into the room. I rolled my eyes at her and sent a death glare to Niklaus.

"You should have seen your brother's face when Hayley walked in" Genevieve continued. I peaked to look at Nik's painting but he blocked my view. "The Crescent curse is broken, then?" I nodded at the victory of Hayley's. "Do you believe this will work? That we can finally have some semblance of peace in this city?"

Cami suddenly came into the room. 

A room full of women of Klaus Mikealson. Wonderful.

Cami and Genevieve babbled a little after that Genevieve left the room so Cami and Klaus could talk. Cami waits until she has left before she starts arguing with him.

"Really?" We both screamed at him at the same time. "The woman tried to blackmail me into stabbing you with the mystical knife of excruciating pain!" Cami commented.

"Well, New Orleans breeds nothing if not strange bedfellows, but I assume you're not here to discuss that, " Klaus replied. "Try to be nice at least," I murmured under my breath. "I'm here about my uncle. He's deteriorating. The pills, the meditation, they're not working. His lucidity's shrinking by the day. A witch did this, a witch can undo it. You seem super-tight with Genevieve... maybe you could persuade her to help" Cami was worried about him. "Maybe I can help, what type of hex is it?" offering to help was just like a small piece of what happening to him. 

"It won't do any good. These hexes, start with magic, but as they take root, they alter the very chemistry of the brain. I'm sorry, Cami. The damage is done" the words of Niklaus affected Cami a lot. "I refuse to accept that, and you would, too, if you had any concept of family" Those were straight to the heart.

Klaus is on his balcony, looking out at the city, before returning to his room, grabbing a paintbrush, and returning to his artwork. He finds Elijah standing in front of his painting. I was just lying on the bed reading a book but they had to start a conversation on my head. "Not a fan of Cerulean blue?" "Not a fan of your continued indifference" Elijah replied to Niklaus making him face reality. "Well, it's difficult trying to unite a community that has a history of mutual loathing" I scoffed at Niklaus making him send a glare at me. I shrugged off. "Spare me the platitudes, Niklaus" Elijah was also annoyed by him. "A perspective, then? If you want peace, you must begin with the werewolves"I suggested. 

"A hundred years ago, they had a run at ruling this city. As of late, all they've had is time to watch their enemies tear down that legacy" Niklaus continued my sentence giving it the full meaning. "All the more reason why their enemies are reluctant to bring them to the table" Elijah responded with an explanation.

"Take a page from Bienville, brother" Niklaus squeezes Elijah's shoulder "If the table's the obstacle, remove it" I poured them both drinks smiling that they are bonding and finding a solution "Do you recall in 1720, the Governor's desperation to secure our help to build the cities first levees? We sat with him and refused his offer, and so, he plied us with wine, with corseted women, and with raucous camaraderie until we had his yes" Elijah smiled "Are you suggesting that I throw a party?" Elijah and Klaus toast each other and drink.

Elijah has thrown an impromptu party at the compound, where all the factions can come celebrate together and mingle. Genevieve enters with Davina, Abigail, and Monique in tow. Diego and the other vampires are drinking together when they see Jackson, Hayley, Oliver and the other werewolves entering the party. We three looked at the party from the balcony. "Impressive boys. Enjoy. Be good!" I kissed them goodbye and spent the evening relaxing.

Klaus is on the balcony overlooking the party when Genevieve finds him. Again that bitch was around him. Time for me to step out. "What are you?" I leaned on the doorframe as they both turned around. "Don't tell me you're jealous of me, redhead" Niklaus wrapped his arms around my waist as I roasted the witch-bitch. "Just curious why he sought your company. You seem so..." I pouted "I am just pregnant right now. See me after the baby is out, you'll enjoy it. And my company is fantastic to him. I'm his girlfriend."

Niklaus excused us as he followed Jackson into one of the upstairs studies. I scoffed at the redhead and went downstairs. Even with a belly, I look good in a dress. The long white dress hugged my body and belly perfectly. 

Elsewhere at the party, Hayley is standing on the sidelines, watching everyone dance, I joined her. "Great party isn't" she gave me a side eye. Elijah came up to us, smiled at me and asked Hayley to dance. Hayley takes his offered hand and allows him to lead her onto the dance floor. Alone again I am. In a moment only Hayley is frustrated by Elijah and takes Jackson's hand and leads him away from Elijah to dance. 

"Bravo Elijah" he stands beside me eavesdropping on their conversation. He frowns looking and hearing at them. I went back upstairs later Hayley also joined me.

Later furious, Diego picks Oliver up and throws him across the courtyard, where he falls onto a table covered in glasses of champagne which shatter upon impact. We both watched them from upstairs. Diego vamp-speeds over to him, but Oliver pins him against a wall. Suddenly, Elijah appears and pulls Oliver off of him before pushing him against a table. Elijah looks over to find Jackson pinning Diego to the wall, a stake aimed right at his heart. Hayley walks down the staircase. She interrupts. She states the facts.

Nearby, me and Klaus along with Francesca are watching the fight. "Shouldn't you intervene or something?" I tried my best to hold my laughter. "Why would I? This party just got interesting."

In the bedroom, Klaus stares at his painting for a moment before grabbing a paintbrush and getting to work. "No inspiration, huh?" I lay down on the bed smiling. He smiled back and started work.

Elijah enters with the signed peace treaty and the inkwell. Convincing him to sign it and not cross him.

Later I got the sight of Nik's painting from earlier it was of New Orleans' skyline with a big full moon.