Chapter twelve

I and Nik were back from Blacksburg today afternoon. We stayed there a bit longer to roam around. It was a fun day. My phone rang and I can hear it but can't find it. I flipped the blankets upside down, finding it in the drawers and the other rooms. Niklaus appeared on the doorframe of our room with my ringing phone in his "Is something lost love," I turned around and scoffed to see my phone. I picked the call up and said "Hello" as I don't know who it is. "Scarlett thank god you picked up, it's Hayley" I was confused as why this wolf girl called me. "I know you don't know me but I did something really stupid and I need your help as others are not strong like you and some hate me. There is a vampire after me," I groaned at her request as I was about to say she spoke again "I made a deal with Katherine," and I am interested in the name as Katherine is ignoring me now.

"Why do you need my help wolf?"

"The vampire is now trying to kill me, please help me, Scarlett,"

"Text me the address and we will be there"

She replied yes and hung the call-up. "What happened love?" Nik asked me, I grabbed my bag and said him to follow me and I will tell the rest. I told Nik what happened and he was annoyed as Hayley was part of his hybrid massacre mess but he helped me. As we reached the truck stop and spotted a vampire trying to attack Hayley. I pulled the vampire off Hayley by magic. As he turned towards me I saw his face and I think I know him. He was about to come towards me but Nik came from the back and bit his neck. 

Then I remembered who the vampire was. Will. 

I guess that was his name. He is Damon's friend. "Niklaus" I shouted as Nik let the vampire go. We all got in the car and went back to the mansion.

"Why did you make the deal with Katerina... means Katherine?"

"I... I... Can't you just kill her?"

"No, I can't because she is my friend and second she has something I need"

"The vampire?"

"He won't make it till tomorrow night without Nik's blood"

She nodded and just sat on the couch in silence. I went to the other room to find Niklaus. "Sorry I had to drag you in this mess and basically it's because of Rebekah, Katherine is still hiding," I said as put his hands around my waist and pulled me into a kiss. "I needed this," a smirk appeared on his face. He again started kissing me and continued until we were in bed and blankets covered our bodies.

"There is a wolf downstairs love" 

"You think I would have lived in your room without putting a spell" he again laughed at my answer and started to kiss me.

After some time we got dressed to go downstairs and talk to Hayley about Katherine. I went into the kitchen to meet Hayley and Nik went to the other room. "Here you are Wolfie what's up? I guess till now you are all cosy?" I asked Hayley who was searching for something in the refrigerator. She was about to speak but I stopped her as I heard Damon's voice.

"Yeah, where is she? what does she know about Katherine?" Damon asks.

"I should help you? After you lot killed my brother which made Scarlett cry herself out for like hours and then imprisoned us in the Gilbert living room? " Niklaus stated.

"You have to help me. Cause you have bigger problems. Katherine has the cure and she would love to shove it down your throat. You'll help me find Katherine, get the cure make Elena human and you can have your happy life with your hybrids. And leave Scarlett out of it. Everybody wins, just let me ask Hayley some questions," Damon said as I and Hayley continues to listen.

"Hayley is off-limit mate,"

"Where is Scarlett?"

"With me and I am understanding all of your words but why do I have to leave Scarlett alone, huh? She loves me a lot that she will do anything," Damon was about to say but Nik cut him off "Although the vampire that knew about Katherine and was after Hayley had a wolf bit on his bloody neck. Thanks to me, so he won't make it till midnight,"

I stopped listening to them and I guess Damon went away. "That vampire wants to kill me."

"No, he wanted to talk to you first and above all Nik saved your ass,"

After a while, Nik came into the kitchen where I and Hayley was. "So, you have rested, feed yourself enough so now tell us about Katerina,"

"Most men get their power kicked from torture and intimidation. With you both, it's drinks and fine dining."

"Well, I did suggest it at first but Scarlett thought to go soft on you. In your case, I favour hospitality over unpleasantness, but I have been known to change my mind on a whim. Where is Katerina?" Niklaus was getting angry now, I can feel it.

"You seriously think I know?"

"You made a deal with her for her and your own benefits so tell me what did Katerina promise you?"

Hayley looks at him and then looks at me. She sets her glass down and readjusts in her seat, leaning a bit forward. "I was in New Orleans trying to find information about my real parents. Katherine found me and told me if I can help in return for me helping her."

"Why would she need your help I was helping her, I was going to give her freedom from Niklaus and yet she betrayed me," I said in frustration and I left the room. I can still hear Nik speak to her but I didn't pay them attention. After a while, Nik came to his art studio where I was trying to free myself from the thought that what will Katherine do with the cure, is she planning to shove it down Niklaus's throat?

What should I do? "You look like you are worried?" 

"Yes, I'm worried, not worried Nik I'm scared that what is Katerina planning to do. Is she gonna use the cure to cure you or what? I'm scared Nik. Scared." 

Tears started to fall out of my eyes, Nik pulled me into a hug allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder. "No need to be scared darling, we will figure it out together, ok Golden don't cry,"

I pulled myself together and started to admire the paintings Nik have been doing work on. "There is mostly dark shading art or me," I said as I turned my face towards Nik. "If someone has you as a muse they don't need anything else," he defended himself. I again started to roam as I came across drawings of me about 1000 years ago or me with Rebekha or me and me and me.

"There are more than 1000 drawings of me. Niklaus you are totally obsessed with me," I said with a raised eyebrow. In a blink of an eye, Nik was in front of me. I can feel his breath on my face. "I'll show you how obsessed I am about you," he crashed his lips on mine with force but intensity. Our bodies pressed together heatedly against the wall, breathing heavily as our lips pressed together. I could taste our shared breath, and feel the thud of our combined heartbeat as we fumbled to take off one another's clothes.