Chapter twenty two

Me, Rebekah and Elijah walk through the streets of the Quarter while they talk about recent events. "Now, you may doubt him, but today, I saw Niklaus demonstrate mercy towards an enemy. Tell me that's not progress." Elijah spoke to Rebekah as I just chuckled. " Please, Elijah. Who do you think convinced Klaus to let Thierry out?" I raised a brow "Why would you do such a thing?" I asked out of curiosity. " Because, despite Klaus' reprieve, Thierry despises him. I like that about Thierry. I also like that he used to date a witch, so he knows about French Quarter covens. Maybe he can lead me to whoever stole off with the Harvest magic." Elijah answered in reply "Rebekah, we are all devastated by the outcome of this ritual." That was true. We all were devasted by the outcome. But the main thing was there was no outcome.

"That's just it. There was no outcome. We know that power like that doesn't just vanish. I say someone stole it. I'd like to know who, and then I'd like to make an ally out of them" Rebekah answered with a revenge plan. "To what end, exactly?"

"I'm tired of being threatened and controlled by our tyrant brother. If you want to stop a bully, you need the power to stand up to them" Rebekah answered as I pouted.

"You know that Scar He is just... just"

"I know evil but I saw a spark of redemption. You both always told me that I was his path of redemption or that I'd be the one to redeem him and now I see hope. I know that he is trying his best to be a good father, good boyfriend and a good brother"

She nodded at my words as we continued walking.

"I expect such behaviour from Niklaus. It's so very disappointing when it comes from you, Rebekah. Do you not see that, in his way, he's making an effort here? He's invited us back into our family home. He yearns for our family to be reunited" Elijah answered in defence of Niklaus. "Yes. He's in a brilliant mood now, but for how long? It's his trick, Elijah. He lulls you into a false sense of camaraderie and kinship, and then he turns on you like a snake. I fall for it every time and wind up with a dagger in my chest for my trouble. No more" That was true what Rebekah said but I knew he was changing and would do anything for the baby at least. But the daggers were always the worst and I never agreed with daggering siblings.

"I believe that he is approaching some semblance of peace here. Leadership may be a good thing for him. Now, sister, please, I ask you, if you cannot support him, then at least do nothing to provoke him" Elijah answered. "Yes, Bex. I'm with you you know that and I never stan Dagger but right now he is quite in ruling state and someone crossing him will not be spared. If it is you or me" and with that we all went back.

Klaus entered the room at the same time as mine and we found Marcel, drinking alone as he sat on a couch. "I'm making drinking probated in this house 'cause it is sure I won't be able to drink for awhile" I stated as Klaus all annoyed said "Ugh, is this what it's come to? I bear the full weight of our kingdom while you pout like a child"

"You wanted to be king. Besides, you look like you got it covered" Marcel debated.

"If the men see you shirk your duties, they're likely to do the same" Klaus defended. He needed his friend by his side to rule and thrive. "I told you, I am not in the mood for vampire hijinks" Marcel all annoyed.

"No. You'd rather sit wallowing in sorrow for your lost little friend" I decided to interrupt. MARCEL stands up and points a finger at us "Don't push me right now" "I am sorry Davina is gone, okay? I'm sorry. But this mournful attitude is unworthy of you, and it's boring to me" Klaus said not wanting to listen to negative responses.

I pouted not expecting that this is what he'll say. Diego enters the room to join us, looking worried. "Hey, guys, we got a problem" The air got tensed. "Looks like it is time for me to exit!" I said as I slipped out as they left to clear the problem.