Chapter twenty one

"This is madness. How can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French quarter?" Klaus asked trying to sort the puzzle. "I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this" Marcel stated. That's true. Immense power is required to shake a city like this. Even I can't do this.

"How did you control her when she was in the attic?" Klaus asked trying to solve the puzzle. "I didn't have to. But then, I never killed her boyfriend" again at that point. "Yes, yes. We've been over this part already. The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches."

They then fought again over the girl.

Sophie was called again to be interrogated. She was cut off when the house started to shake violently, like the earthquake from earlier. Sophie looks alarmed, but we seem merely irritated.

"Was that Davina?" I just nodded. "Charming little habit she's developed" Klaus sarcastically said. She even asked the earthquake was also Davina's work and we affirmatively replied. "Also Davina. And, she's taken to vomiting dirt" Rebekah complained.

Sophie panicked "Oh. We have a huge problem. I thought that we had more time, but we need to complete the Harvest now" I rolled my eyes at her. How can someone be so desperate to do something?

"Said the desperate witch, conveniently" I replied in context.

"I'm serious! That earthquake you just felt is a preview of the disaster movie that is about to hit us" looks like someone started to speak some sense but "why should we believe you?" Elijah questioned.

"You've met Davina, you know her story. For months now, she's been holding all the power of the three girls sacrificed in the Harvest ritual. A force that was meant to flow through her and back into the earth. One person was never meant to hold that much power. It's tearing her apart, and it will take us down with it" she explained.

And actually, that is true.

Sometime later, Elijah, Klaus, and Marcel are congregated downstairs. Still debating and fighting over completing the harvest.

"Not a people person, are you, Niklaus?" Elijah asked Niklaus as soon as I entered. "Nonsense" I commented with a smirk.

"Yeah right, Nonsense. I love people. Just on my way to warn a couple of prominent ones in case the weather gets out of hand. If you fancy yourself as plus diplomatic, perhaps you'd like to come along" Klaus stated. "No. Soon Sophie Deveraux shall be consecrating Celeste's remains, and though her actions are reprehensible, still I should pay my respects" Elijah replied. Hayley hesitantly enters the room and looks straight at Elijah. "Hey. Do you have a minute?" Hayley softly asked Elijah. To which he replied in a cold manner "Just on my way out" Elijah turns to leave. As he walks away.

Klaus shouts after him "Which one of us is the people person again?"

We all were irritated and annoyed at Marcel as he took off with the disaster girl. We all talked to Elijah on the phone. He'll search through the locator spell with Sabine. I and Niklaus will check with the priest and Rebekah everywhere else.

Hayley was in the courtyard, packing up canned food into cardboard boxes, when we came down the stairs. She was trying her best to muffle the sound of her sobbing, but Klaus notices her distress and approaches her.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "I was gonna take these to the--" Klaus cuts her off "If you say, 'Bayou', I will find a nice comfy dungeon and throw you in it. This is not the night to be out there--" Hayley this time cuts him off "--For anyone. But some people don't have a choice."

Klaus reconsiders and picks up one of the boxes "Right. You both grab that lot and come with me."

We arrived at the church, where we found Father Kieran talking to someone and handing out food. He sees Klaus and hurries over to us. Meanwhile, a large crowd of people are milling about inside.