Chapter fifteen

I heard the door open and a sassy yet my favourite voice. "Bexs" I shouted as I ran towards her and pulled her into a hug. "You aren't showing some miracle baby bump yet, and you must be Hayley," they started to talk and then Bexs asked a question I was too afraid to answer. "Where is Elijah?" "Beats me, he is long gone," Hayley replied. "What do you mean 'long gone'?" Rebekha asked. "Well, one minute he was here making epic promises to protect me and Scarlett, talking me into how Scarlett fits in here and with family and then Klaus told me he bailed," Hayley said but I just stayed quiet. "Elijah doesn't break promises which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus like."

She started shouting to call Nik out and went towards him to talk but I went into my room cause I knew Nik wouldn't tell her about Elijah's whereabouts.

Hayley and Rebekah went to search the whole house to find Elijah. After several tries, Rebekah came to me. "Hey I didn't get to talk to you," she spoke softly as she sat beside me. "You don't have to worry about me, I'm ok," I told her. "You are not. Niklaus accused you, so I should have run away because I know that's best for both of you," she suggested "I can't I am linked to a witch and if I run they will kill the baby, unlike Klaus I love my child," she looked at me with widened eyes. "Oh god, Klaus, boy he's in trouble" I chuckled at her reply. After a few talks and cuddles, Rebekah went away and slept everything off.

There was only one thing left to do. I went to the square to get some wolfsbane because the child is a wolf too. There was a witch shop down the street so I went there, trying to hide my face so that no one from the past could see me. The owner of the shop was a witch and understood my need for the herbs but said that I was a brave wolf to come into the square. I took the herbs and a hot tea mixed everything and sat on a bench near the park. Suddenly I heard something, maybe vampires. That's right there are vampires near me. I defended myself by throwing the tea on one of them near me and was about to kick the other but his neck broke and the other one's heart was out. I didn't use my magic as I felt something wrong and Nik told me not to use it as Marcel could sense me then. "Now that is not a way to treat a pregnant girl, I do hate bad manners," Rebekah said with the heart of the vampire in her hand.

"This is why I told you never to leave the house, werewolves are banned in the quarter. I had a plan and your little stroll put it all in peril," Niklaus shouted at me. "Leave him," he again shouted but this time at Rebekah as she was moving towards the dead vampires. "You have done enough don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map at my door," Nik told Rebekah. They were still fighting about it. Niklaus started to narrate his plan as Rebekah doubted he ever had one. As he finished he dragged one of the almost dead vampires inside. "Does anyone have any more questions? No? Good. Because I have a question," Nik said in a harsh voice. "Scarlett, what were you doing in the bloody French Quarter, in the first place? He questioned. "Answer me!" he shouted "Leave her be," Bexs defended me. "You wanna know what I was doing? I was buying poison. So I could put your little baby out of its misery," As I finished speaking in the blink of an eye Nik got fueled up and started strangling me. Rebekah was shouting, telling him to let me go and then she pushed him away from me. "It's okay to care, it's okay to want something, that's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we have ever wanted," Nik and Rebekah sat down on the stairs nearby. I ran inside as I couldn't even look at his face. How dare he.

Hayley told me she stole Nik's daggers and gave them to Rebekah. I was trying to take a rest but it is so hot here. No one can sleep here. It feels like I'm being boiled. I heard someone come in. It was Nik. He came near the bed took a look at my face and went to search my bag. He found bottles of the poisons from yesterday and started to smell them. 

"Don't worry I didn't use it"

"You're awake"

"I could barely sleep all night. This house is like a freaking swamp sauna"

"What stopped you?"

"Well, when I was fighting those vampires I realised I was not just protecting myself. The child is a gift for me. It's a symbol of our love, memories of my brother and the joy of my life. I can't give it up. If I do I will give everything up"

"Then it's time to fight... Golden"

Nik gave me a sweet smile and started to go out.

"What happened between you and Marcel?"

"You know I... we treated him like our son but when father chased us here and for hundreds of years we believed Marcel was dead. And we all mourned him in our own way. But when I returned I found not only he had survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything we built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, sleeping in our beds. You know that the 'M' he stamps everywhere is not for Marcel it's for MIKEALSON. I want it all back and if I have to push him out to get it then that's exactly what I'll do." He smirked a bit and started to walk out. "I'll have someone see to the air conditioning."

One time he was so horrible that I wanted to kill him but in a second he became so caring that I wanted to run into his arms and tell him that 'I love him so much and I want to raise our child together

So in the end I guess I'll always love him. But right now he has to prove to himself why he took fatherhood seriously after accusing me.