Chapter thirty

Scarlett who is in the middle of labour, screams at Genevieve and Monique as they stand around her "AHHHH! Let go of me, you bitch!"

Klaus limps into the church and finds the witches with Scarlett, who is shocked and relieved to see him. Klaus lunges toward one of the witch guards and rips his head off. Abigail and Genevieve link hands and telekinetically pin Klaus to the wall. Klaus fights against the spell pinning him to the wall, but he cannot get free. Monique and Abigail anchor the spell and go back to helping Scarlett

Klause along with Scarlett screamed echoing throughout the church. 

Klaus and Scarlett watch fearfully as Genevieve grabs the ceremonial athame that was used for the Harvest. Scarlett continues to scream in agony and terror as Genevieve turns to address both Scarlett and Klaus. "You should know this brings me no joy. I promise I'll make it quick."

One of the witches covers Hayley's lower half with a sheet. "Let's begin, shall we?"

Scarlett is still in labour, and the witches, led by Genevieve, assist Hayley in her birth. Scarlett screams in agony. Klaus shouts "I will bring hell to your family!"

Genevieve commanded Scarlett "One last push! Push! The baby's almost here!"Klaus shouts again "I will bathe in rivers of your blood!" as Scarlett begs for it to stop "No! No!""I can see the baby!" Monique announced as Genevive spoke "Push! Gently! Gently!"Klaus's shouts filled the room yet not affecting the witches "You will die screaming!"

Scarlett, exhausted, falls backwards just as the baby is born. "There!" Genevive said as cut the umbilical cord and wrapped the body in a blanket. Both Klaus and Hayley stop screaming once they see their baby. "You have a beautiful baby daughter" Genevive announced as Scarlett and Klaus stared in shock. Genevie started the ramble about the sacrifice again "We must start the sacrifice as soon as the moon sets with the morning sky--" Scarlett cut her off "--Please. Please, can I hold her?"

Genevieve brings the baby over so Scarlett can hold her. Scarlett is amazed by the sight of her daughter. She looks up at Klaus and manages a small smile before kissing her daughter on the forehead. Suddenly, Monique grabs Scarkett by the hair, pulls her head back, and slits her throat with the knife. Scarlett gasps as her body falls backwards. "NOOOOOO!" Klaus screamed yet Scarlett couldn't hear him crying for her.

The witches grab the baby before leaving the church. As the witches leave, Monique twists her wrist, which causes Klaus to fall to the floor, weakened. He looks up at Scarlett's dead body above him in horror.

Sometime later, Elijah bursts into the church and looks around desperately. He stops dead in his tracks, panting and out of breath as a result of the werewolf bites, and struggles to focus his vision. Eventually, he sees that Klaus is sitting at the sacristy with Scarlett's head resting in his lap. Klaus is near tears. Elijah approaches them with a horrified look on his face. He falls to his knees next to Hayley and realizes that she's dead. Klaus numbly said, "She's gone." Elijah starts to cry, which causes Klaus to start to cry as well. "You've been bitten. Here" Klaus bites into his wrist and offers it to Elijah. Elijah is stunned by this display of kindness.

"What happened?" The doors of the church opened as Hayley who was in shock spoke up. Elijah lays Scarlett's body back onto the table at the sacristy while Klaus sits nearby. Distraught Elijah asked "How?" Hayley walked up to the body as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Klaus numbly replied "I was bested" Elijah's face goes from an expression of horror to one of fury. Quietly he spoke "You were bested. Huh" He walks toward Klaus and stares at him furiously "You were BESTED?" Klaus looks at him in shock at his loss of temper, and Elijah shouts in exasperation "My invincible brother!" Klaus pulls himself weakly to his feet and looks Elijah in the eyes. "They took the baby. But there's still time. We can save her."