Chapter eighteen

I woke up in the trunk of an SUV with my wrists bound as it drives down the country roads of Louisiana. I tried to kick out the back window to escape, but the driver stops the car and gets out to check the trunk. When he opens it, he tries to grab me, but I started kicking at him.

It was Tyler Lockwood.

Tyler was already annoyed "Seriously?" But I was confused and angry "Tyler?"

"You don't wanna fight me, Scarlett. You know you can't beat a hybrid" He uses zip ties to bind my ankles so that I can't run away.

"Ahh! Let me go, you backstabbing half-breed piece of shi--"

"Shut up!"

Tyler pulls me out of the trunk and throws me over his shoulder. As he walks down the road, his hybrid face comes out as he angrily drags me into the Bayou.

Tyler has brought me to some encampments in the Bayou and drops me on the front stoop of a little shack. "Armpit of Louisiana" With an annoyed face I said, "I know!"

Tyler pulls a knife out. Me being worried about my baby. "What are you gonna do with that?" "Depends on you"

I heard another groan from beside me. I turned around and saw Hayley there. "Why the hell you brought her here?"

"Why do you care?"

"Scarlett!" Hayley in a hurry came beside me and sat. She didn't have any ties to her. Tyler took his knife and cut off the zip locks from me.

Hayley started to shout at him "Hey, you attacked us, remember? You ambushed us, in our own backyard" I nodded affirmatively.

"It's not your both's backyard, it's Klaus'! You're shacked up in that mansion with that psycho. A long way from the girl I've met in the Appalachians, helping other werewolves" Hayley's face filled up with guilt. "I'm sorry Tyler but a lot happened since she saw you last time" I tried to ease up the atmosphere.

"You mean that you're pregnant? A hybrid baby, yeah, I know all about it. I've been roaming around the Bayou, asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned!"

He pulls down Hayley's sweater sleeve so we can see the birthmark on her shoulder. "This crescent birthmark means you come from a big-shot family. Some kind of royalty for the werewolves of this region. And right here this is all that's left of them" he gestures around him. We all looked around and saw just tents and shacks.

A werewolf entered the scene. "Is that her?" He asked Tyler while pointing at me. "Yeah, Dwayne. Get her inside"

I started to resist and shout to let me go but they didn't. Hayley in worry just followed me as Tyler was just behind us.

We were tied again to the fire stove inside the shack. "Tyler, there's been a wolf watching me lately. Protecting me, like it instinctively knows that I'm part of its pack... You're a hybrid, you can turn into a wolf whenever you want... Was it you?" I noticed too that a wolf was companying Hayley.

Tyler was confused too "No, but you're right-- only hybrids can control when they change. And I'm the only one left, besides Klaus. Which is why we're here" I scoffed at his answer cause I know the consequences of me being here. Kidnapped. "Whatever you think you're doing, you know that whole Original family has made some sort of pact, or something, to keep me and the baby safe. So, if you hurt me, they'll kill you" I informed him about his arriving death.

"What makes you think I'm afraid to die?"

Dwayne came in and Tyler takes a big syringe out of a bag he has.

"Woah buddy what are you up to?"

Dwayne walks over and holds me down. Tyler crouches down in front of me. "TYLER NOOO. NO TYLER. NO!" I shouted at him. "Klaus destroyed everything good in my life! So, I'm gonna take away the thing he wants most!" I pleaded with him to stop but jams the syringe into my stomach and draws out a measure of my blood. I screamed in pain. Once he removes the syringe from my body, he jams it into Dwayne's neck, injects the blood into him, and snaps his neck as Hayley and I watched in horror.