Chapter 3

*Julia's POV*

The boys finish off the last song and disappear to the back. I look over at Kristine who has a huge smile on her face. "It's over." I pout slightly and she shakes her head.

"No, we have backstage passes." She smirks. She grabs my hand and works her way through the crowd of fangirls. I squeal loudly yet it isn't heard amongst the loud screams of the fans.

Once we get to the backstage area there is a small line of girls already waiting. We patiently wait our turn to see the boys. Finally we are next, the last two in line. The security lady lets us in and I grab Kristine's shoulder for balance and hold back a scream.

"Hey." Louis smiles at me and I can't hold back a huge smile that is forming. "H-hi." I stutter slightly. Louis and the other three let out a slight chuckle and Kristine just rolls her eyes with a smile also on her face.

"So who what are your names?" Niall smiles.

"I am Kristine, and my friend who is about to faint is Julia." Kristine introduces us with a slight smirk but looks slightly ready to faint herself.

I take my own turn in rolling my eyes but still keep my hand firmly on Kristine's shoulders. "Cool, I am guessing you already know who we are." Harry takes a sip of his water and we both nod our heads without much hesitation.

"Would you like-"

The door opens and Kristine and I both turn to look at the male that just came into the room. Kristine freezes immediately.

"Boys we have to-" The man looks around the room and stops once his eyes reaches Kristine. The boys and I awkwardly stand there not really knowing how to act as they two are both frozen.

"D-david?" She stutters, losing all her previous calmness. "K-Kristine, I-I... L-lets go talk in private."

I hesitantly remove my hand off of Kristine's hand as I realize who it was. In between our One Direction conversations she would talk about him. Kristine leaves the room, shutting the door behind her. I turn around to look at the four boys who are starring at me with a confused expression.

"Any explanation to what just happened?" Liam asks gesturing towards the door and I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Um... Family problems is guess what I would call what just happened." I scratch the back of my neck and the boys just slowly nod not really talking.

After a few moments of awkward silence, Louis speaks up, "So um... Julia how is it like living in California?"

"We don't actually live here... We came out here for the concert today."

"Where are you from?"

"Michigan." I say biting down on my lip, realizing how obsessed that sounds to have travelled that far for one concert.

"You flew half way cross the country, to see our concert?" Niall said with a goofy smile on his face. I nod my head and before more is added to the already awkward conversation, the door opens and Kristine walks in with David behind her.

She is lightly crying and I look at her curiously. David lets out an awkward cough and all attention goes to him.

"We are leaving, security already is going back to your room to pick up your stuff." David says. I look at Kristine with a weird expression and she simply just nods her head, signaling that he is actually serious.

"What?" All of the boys ask in unison.

"We are taking these two on tour with us. It is complicated... Just... Go with it." David sighs in defeat. For once, everything was silent. There was no screaming fans, conversations, it was a dead silence that was extremely awkward and unsettling to be in.

"Well, lets go." David claps his hand.

"Where are they staying?" Harry asks, glancing between Kristine and David.

"For right now, if you don't mind they will be staying with your four. Okay. Lets go." David exits the room in hurry. Kristine grabbed my forearm and exited just as quickly as he did.

"Kristine what the hell is going on?" I ask her slightly frustrated that no one is telling me anything. She stops for a moment and sighs, before continuing at a slower pace. "David is my biological father that I have been mentioning for months now."

"Sort of figured that out when you two had a starring contest." I tell her and she rolls her eyes. "Well, I have been trying for months now to meet him... And it... Ugh I don't know. Just... Please just go with it until I figure out this mess?" She gives me those puppy eyes that usually are unsuccessful but I can't say no to her right now.

I sigh in defeat, "Fine."

She gives me a weak smile before we follow David into the tour bus. "Alright girls; since Zayn left and we have always had that extra bunk this will be fine for now." David claps his hands giving off a sad excuse of a smile.

"I have a lot of phone calls to make right now." David mutters under his breath as he leaves us alone in the boys' tourbus.

Kristine sits down on the couch in the living area and buries her head in her arms, "Julia I am sorry. I really didn't expect this to happen. This was the last place I expected to find him."

"Hey, it is fine." I sit down next to her. "Lets just... Do what David said and just go with it." I tell her with a smile even though it is sort of fake. I love this band with all my heart and this is an absolutely incredible opportunity... But it doesn't seem real.

The boys come onto the bus and Kristine refuses to look up. "Is she alright?" Harry asks looking at Kristine with worry.

"Took in a little to much information at one time." I smile weakly at Harry and he gives me an unsure nod.

"Don't you have to go back to Michigan?" Niall asks, obviously confused as everybody else.

"David will sort it out." Kristine says quietly.

"Do you need a glass of water or something?"

"Yeah, you look as pale as when I dragged you onto the Freak Out." I joke with her and she glances at me with a small glare but obviously amused.

"I can't look that bad." She says and I shake my disagreement.

"Whatever Julia." She rolls her eyes and then turns her attention to the four boys sitting in front of us.

She takes in a deep breath and puts on a forced smile. "Sorry that if we are invading your space. I really didn't anticipate for this to happen."

"It is fine, really. What is the problem with two really cute girls joining?" Harry smiles slightly but focusing his comment on Kristine.

"Yeah not like you two can do much harm." Louis smiles at me.

I quickly glance at Kristine and she does the same. We both end up laughing.

They have no idea what we can do.

Not yet at least.