Feelings And Vampires

My days remained the same. Peri always stood guard but we never talked. I could smell him from across the room. So good. My eyes would just about roll into my head from the feelings that his scent gave me. We didn't really practice again though.

I couldn't get a handle on my feelings toward Peri. I stayed in my cell and I was fine just reading my books that Citron let me borrow. I was keeping my distance because it was clear that Peri wanted distance also. I would do just about anything for him as pathetic and mysterious as that was.

I tried not to bug anyone and I didn't need a whole lot so that wasn't tough.

I knew the guys were out on a mission because Peri was replaced with a stranger. She had a different scent than Peri and made me miss him more. Dr Comet didn't come to get me for labs.

Dr. Comet informed me that they were leaving and he wouldn't be home for a few days but didn't say when. I was guessing it was now. Citron gave me a little more information as they left and Peri tapped my bars with his weapon and smirked. I melted into a pile and watched him leave.

I began to worry on day three. I could hear little bits of information that someone relayed to Gem. Some stranger fed me and I never got out of my room. I doubt that they trusted me like my group.

I heard Gem discussing exit plans for my guys. The group was being held down by vampires. I hated to hear that and couldn't just sit here and do nothing. I would die trying to save them. Peri was in my mind all the time. I couldn't lose Peri. My body was in a panic.

"I need to talk to Gem, please!" I was talking to a guard but I figured it was pointless. It wasn't.

Gem appeared from a hallway. "Yes. Make it quick, Viper. I have an emergency."

"Let me go. I heard and I can help. Please. If I die, you lose nothing. Please." I had to help Peri. "I need to help them, Gem. They're my friends."

Gem sighed. "Okay. Open it." I was shocked that she wasn't that hesitant.

A guard looked unsure. "Ma'am?"

"Open it. Come on!" Gem was already walking down the hall.

My door opened and I rushed up behind her. She led me to a room and I was blindfolded.

Some guard walked me past that electrical force field, I was lost for a while on our trip and he released me in a forest. I was pretty sure we were in a different world or realm or whatever. My cuffs and blindfold were removed.

"Go!" I stared at the soldier talking. "Look, if you can help them, go. Please. Dr. Comet's a friend and Citron's our commander. Please." The soldier looked at me with hope in his eyes. There were seven guards there. They weren't risking more lives, just mine.

I nodded and rushed off. I could smell Peri. I knew where he was and I had to get to him first.

I found Dr. Comet first, I helped kill two vampires and he followed me. I sniffed my way to Peri. He wasn't in a good place.

Peri was fighting off three vampires that were trying to kill him and not for the food. He punched one as he shot it, stabbed one with his sword as he shot it in the chest but the third pissed me off as he punched Peri.

I dove on the vampire hard, smashed him to a wall and bit his neck. I drank him dry before he could touch Peri. "Mine!" I said in a growl.

What? Ignore that.

I dropped that vampire like he was garbage and turned to Peri. "Are you okay?" I touched his cheek very gently for just a second then backed away. I missed him so much.

Peri smiled at me. He smiled at me! "I'm good. I had him."

I chuckled. I was in such a better mood. "Sure. Come on." I couldn't smell Citron as well as I could Peri but found him after we carved our way through a bunch of vampires trying to get into the room that Citron was locked in. I had a blast.

I saw Peri smile at me as I snapped a vampire's neck. He fell to the floor with a thud. I didn't have a tough time killing vampires. It was actually easy for me.

Our eyes met and the world disappeared. Peri's yellow eyes were so pretty. He handled his sword with precision and it was sexy. Mmm.

He pulled his sword out of a dead vampire as I dropped a dead vampire. They fell with a thud at the same time and Peri and I made eye contact. It was almost romantic.

The way his mouth curved into a smile as he moved his soft brown hair from his eyes. Mmm. He was a tasty dessert for me to admire. I wanted to eat him up. Badly, but not in a normal vampire way.

"Shall we get Commander Citron or stand here just staring at each other." Dr. Comet was hilarious.

Peri glared, turned and banged on a door with the side of his fist. "Clear."

Citron opened it. "It's about time!" He stormed out of the room and into the hall. "Are these all dead?" There were vampires on the floor, eleven of them. I took out most of them.

Peri smiled at Citron. "Welcome! Come on."

"I helped." I smiled at the guys.

"Right. Viper helped, a little. Come on!" Peri stormed off ahead. I wasn't worried because I could find him and protect him and I had a smile on my face the rest of the trip. I couldn't help it.