Morning, Fifty

Once again, I opened my eyes to see Peri sleeping. He was just gorgeous and I couldn't stop my thoughts. Peri was truly beautiful. He was magical, I swear.

His face was relaxed and all of his anxiety, anger and regret were absent and all that was left was who he was deep down. The part of him that loved me. I loved all of him. All of his love, passion, hate, anger, regret, sorrow and guilt, all of him.

He opened his buttery yellow eyes and I smiled. "Morning." I curled up on him. I felt him pull me closer and I sighed.

"Morning, Fifty. Were you being weird?" Peri glared at me.

I chuckled. "I was! Hungry?"

"Starving!" Peri sighed. "I need a shower too."

"Me too...but I'll wait." I sighed. I knew we weren't ready to be naked together.

"I'll be back." Peri was up and out of the room. It had been three weeks since I moved out of my cell and into Peri's room. It was our room and it gave me goosebumps every time I thought about it.

We began practicing with Citron's men, regularly. I felt great and happy, finally. I heard from a lot of the men that practice with me has helped them fight vampires better. They can see how vampires move and that was helpful.

After we showered, separately...we sat at breakfast together. I knew the other group was going out. I should explain now that I have more knowledge.

So, there are fifty groups of ten men or women. Everyone on this base was military but some were also scientists and doctors. They were like my four. They always took soldiers.

They tried to save people from attacks, kill vampires that are trying to attack...basically, they were saving people, or trying to.

I was training with the men so that I could go out with them and they were used to me. I didn't need one of them getting excited and killing me too. Peri would kill them. He melts my soul.

The biggest part of it was to rescue people. Sometimes they find someone, like me and bring them back to safety. Peri agreed but said that I was one of a kind though.

So, I was becoming a part of them and I loved it. When I was allowed to go with them, I could help protect them and fight with them. I had a group and that made me so very happy.