Viper: POV

Back to Viper's POV: No more changes... (Probably)

I felt amazing after the week of practice and spending some time with Kevin. The guys were thinking about changing his name also. They joked about it

I stayed away. I knew I created conflicting feelings so I was keeping my distance. I was trying to wait for him. I knew this was more tough on him than me.

I heard Peri joke with Kevin and kept calling him Chance. Since this was his second chance. His second life. I kind of loved that but no one asked for my opinion.

I walked into the lab and smiled. "Good morning, Doc!" I was ready for the day. I had more responsibilities now and I loved it. I had a job and a purpose. "What's up?"

Dr. Comet chuckled. "Nothing! What's got you in such a good mood? Would it be a certain Druid?"

I laughed. It would be that very reason. "Psshh. No!" I smiled though as he chuckled. "Hey, I wanted to ask you about something. Peri said when he touches me, prolonged touch...and keep it clean, you perv!" I paused as Dr. Comet laughed. "He said that my skin temperature changes to match his."

Dr. Comet watched me. "I have noticed that also."

I put my hand on his hand just to see if my assumption was true. I had wondered for a while if he was part of my group.

Dr. Comet nodded. "I...see! You just adjusted to me too."

I nodded. "So, this means that you are my mate too. I suspected as much. But I don't think it means I want to have sex with you, Dr. Comet!" I covered my face.

Dr. Comet laughed. "I understand that, Viper!" We both laughed at my silly comment.

I cleared my throat. "I bet Citron is also. I kind of wondered about this for a while."

Dr. Comet smiled at me. "Citron and I also talked about this possibility. I think this is why you lived. When we entered that building, I believe we woke you up."

"So, I was waiting for you guys?" This was new information. "It's possible! What are the odds!"

"A billion to one that we would find that particular lair!" Dr. Comet smiled. "And we are grateful."

"So am I! I would still be in that cocoon!" I sighed. "Or I would have died."

Dr. Comet nodded. "I know! We have to run it by Citron. It's probably why he thinks of you as his brother."

I smiled at that. This was my family. Citron and Dr Comet were brothers and Peri was my... he was my fifty. I got nothing done that day. My mind was a tornado of thoughts with no conclusions or answers.

**********

Citron chuckled at dinner as I ran our thoughts by him. "See, I'm the reason that you are still alive! You owe me everything!"

I rolled my eyes as Dr. Comet chuckled. Citron shook his head as they argued over who woke me up.

Kevin sat down with his food and kind of shocked me. This was a first. "So, here's the deal..." He inhaled loudly. "I am going to try to get to know Viper as Viper. I'm going to try to let go of my dad, Josh. Okay?"

I nodded and Peri spoke, of course. "Chance, that sounds good. I think it's a big first step. I would like you more if you treated my Fifty with more respect as well." He leaned into me. "And we can start teaching you some moves. Just to keep you alive for a while longer." He winked.

I sighed. "I don't expect that to happen overnight, Chance." I winked at him.

Kevin nodded and had accepted that everyone was changing his name to Chance. It also reminded him that he got another chance. I think he actually liked it. We're not who we used to be. We had all been changed by the traumas we lived through.

Peri chuckled as he watched me talk with Chance. "Damn, Viper, does anyone stand a chance against your charms?!"

I blushed and turned my head into Peri's shoulder. "Shut up!" I was embarrassed. He wrapped an arm around me in a very possessive move and I loved it. I melted into him.

"Bedroom." Peri whispered in my ear. His hot breath moved over my skin in such a delicious way.

I smiled and blushed as someone made a snarky comment. Probably Citron. I stood as Peri pulled me from the cafeteria and into our room with lightning speed.

Peri moaned as I pleased him.. Let's leave it at that. I hate to embarrass myself. He returned the favor though and stopped any thoughts I might have for the rest of the day. My mind was wiped clean.

We laid in bed long into the evening, when we were supposed to be at practice... we weren't. We were in bed, talking. Peri played with my fingers as we talked about everything. It was so sweet and never a moment that I thought we would ever have. I was so in love.

"So, you can do magic?" I smiled as he watched me. His eyes were studying my face. I was curious what he saw when he looked at me like that. It was sweet.

Peri smiled. "I can. I tried some stuff earlier just for fun. Want to see fireworks?" He waved his hand and fireworks appeared over our bed.

I stared in wonder as the colors exploded. I smiled as I watched. I hadn't seen fireworks before... that I could remember. "Wow!"

Peri smiled as I watched. I knew he was staring at my face.

"What do you see when you look at me, Peri?" I was curious.

Peri sighed but kept his eyes on me as his face changed colors with the fireworks. "Viper, I see someone that overcame great obstacles, made friends with strangers, enemies...even. I see someone who loves even when he isn't supposed to and someone who makes others love him."

I sighed. "No, I mean... What do you see? I know I look different. I look like a vampire so why..? Why do you look at me with that expression?"

Peri smiled. "Because, Fifty, your eyes are vampire reptile eyes, your teeth are sharp for killing and your skin is more leathery and cool to the touch but... I see so much more. When you are happy, like now, your eyes change to a pretty soft blue and green, your skin warms to my touch and your teeth fold back so you can't bite me. You adjust so that I can love you, Fifty."

"Oh." I didn't really know why. "But why....?"

Peri chuckled. "I have no fucking idea, Viper!" We smiled at each other. "I really don't know why! I love you though. I do. I have this need to protect you and take care of you. I have this aching need to love you and take you on every surface of this facility. I am attached to you in ways that I don't understand and I don't care."

I sighed as I watched the fireworks spell words. "Peri, I love you like that too."
"We are going to live a very long life together, Viper." Peri smiled as the fireworks slowed and a pretty light floated above us. "We are going to be happy with our family, protecting them and watching over them for generations." Peri smiled at me as he leaned in and kissed me.