The One Chance...

This is the last Chapter...

Miraculously, we got the vampires gathered. It took a few months, a lot of simulations, a lot of military power, a lot of magic and a lot of energy. We used some veggie blood and live bait that consisted of harbors, some boar/wild pigs and something from this realm/world called a Rizor.

It reminded me of an elephant but it had hair and different ears. And its mouth was in its long nose. It was a bazaar animal but cool. No animals actually died in the capture of the vampires, I'm pleased to announce.

The research and all of that took four months and I'm skipping over it because it was boring and who wanted to type that out. Seriously. Peri did take me on dates and everyone knew we were official. Peri got back into the habit of using his magic and that was a good feeling.

Once we got the vampires gathered, we got the barriers up with Gem and Peri's help. Now, we had to wait. I would monitored them for three months. I wrote down everything they did as I watched to make sure they didn't get out. Of course there were cameras recording every single second as well.

I was happy to watch. We set up cameras. I knew they knew those cameras were watching them because I could sense them. I still didn't have answers for that.

I drank my 'veggies' as I wrote down the information for day three. Peri was beside me. "Well?" He just got there. He had things to do at the base.

Day one and two were just adjustment days. The vampires were in a state of shock and confusion but they were getting settled.

"Well, things look good. For now..." I finished my food and tossed it in my recycle bag. "They calmed down. The first day, they were wild and crazy. Now, they are eating the veggie packs and I think we should give them a few more days. See how it goes from here." I watched them as they shared meals with others in their groups.

Peri nodded as he watched. The vampires had shelters, food supplied to them and fresh water to bathe in. So far, they hadn't used a bathroom, a shower or a private room. They all stayed in their separate groups and stood around outside. The climate had no effect on them but we knew that because it had no effect on me.

"I noticed that a couple of people from each group gathered food for the rest of their group. I did an official count and there are five hundred vampires and they are in groups of twenty." I watched the people standing close to each other.

Peri nodded. "So, no uneven numbers?"

"No. Which means I really wasn't part of them. I'm part of you guys but I still have no idea why." I sighed. "I have more questions!"

Peri smiled. "I don't care why. You are mine and that's all that matters, Viper. I don't care why."

I smiled as I turned to him. "I know. I was just curious."

Peri nodded. "I just point and shoot."

"I know." I leaned into him and snuggled close. I noticed that they did that as well. The vampires in their groups would snuggle to get closer to each other. Sometimes, they would put their face into the other's neck or ear. I knew that was for the scent though. I smelled Peri all the time too. I also noticed that the violence levels were going down. Maybe someday they would get to a civilized level? Maybe?

"I only need your scent, Peri. I don't require the others in my group, just you. I still wonder why I'm different." I sighed.

Peri smiled. "Because you're mine. That's why. Now, shut up."

I chuckled and caught Peri's scent just for fun.

On month three, it happened; A vampire spoke to me. "How come you're out there?"