╔TWENTY-TWO╗

Jungkook's heartbeats expedited, his breaths hampered, his lips quivered, and his eyes expanded when the man before him veered around and peered at him in dread, but his expression soon altered into an indecipherable gaze, causing Jungkook to take a step backward.

"R-" Jungkook trailed and aggressively cleared his throat when he felt his voice was stuck within. "Ryan?" Jungkook spoke, though his voice still sounded deadpan and hoarse. Jungkook was frazzled, and he still looked at the raven-haired man before him in disbelief.

That couldn't be possible. What was going on? So Ryan was the boss then, right? And if he was, why would he want to torture Jungkook and kill him? They barely meet for three or four days as employees, and that's it. Jungkook didn't know if he had given Ryan a reason to kill him, because he was sure Ryan had no reason to kill him.

Unless...

"You like Jennie, right?" Jungkook squeaked out, and Ryan glanced at him amused, his thick eyebrow raised up. "That's why you kidnapped Lisa the other day, and now you want to kill me because..."

"Because that husband of yours ruined my whole plan the other day, and now if I can't have Jennie, then Taehyung can't have you either." Ryan interrupted; his voice was deep and calm.

"And guess what? Once I'll kill you, I'll deliver those organs of yours to him and show fake sympathy, pretending to be all nice, and when the time is perfect, I'll kill him too when I get the chance." Ryan's face broke into a grin, and somewhat, Jungkook's whole body shuddered in fear, and his knees had gone weak.

Ryan's grin grew wider upon seeing that. "Or maybe cut you into pieces instead and lie to Taehyung that you despised him and that's why you ran away? With your boyfriend, what was his name again, Ky? And kill him too, of course. He's useless anyway." Ryan continued, stepping closer to the peach-haired man.

Jungkook crawled up to the door, trying to open it, but all of his efforts got wasted, and the door wouldn't open because it was locked from outside. "Please, let me go." Jungkook started crying and then hissed when Ryan grabbed his jaw.

"I'm heartless, Jungkook. Your beg and cries are useless." Ryan informed me and then pulled away. "And you want me to let you go? For what? So that you can whine and complain to Taehyung about how I tried to kill you?" Ryan laughed, sounding almost cynical, and Jungkook found himself breathing loudly.

"You know about me now, baby. I can't let you go out and let you tell the whole world about me and everything that happened to you here. That would simply put my life in danger, although the cops stink." Ryan spewed out, turning on his heels, and then headed back to the window.

"Your and Ky's deaths are confirmed now, and you should accept that too now." Ryan continued, and then he suddenly felt a tight grip on his shoulder and nape, and then his head was barely slammed against the glass of the window, making the glass break and Ryan's head bleed.

"The thing is that whenever I feel too scared, I start thinking like a psycho by myself." Jungkook gritted out, pushing Ryan away, and opened the window (which was already broken) and looked outside.

They were in the downstairs area right now. Jungkook heard the door being unlocked, and he quickly assumed the minions were coming because of the loud noise that he just created. Jungkook rushed out through the window and started to run.

His heartbeats were fast, and he didn't even know where he was found now. But he couldn't stop because some minions had started to follow him and then pulled out guns to shoot at Jungkook.

Jungkook ran into a parking lot and then hid behind a car. Three ended up in the parking lot too, but they just looked around mindlessly and then rushed out of there to go and check out the bushes near the parking lot, hoping that Jungkook would be there right now.

Jungkook took the chance to sneak out of there, running straight. His heartbeats were fast, and all he knew now was that he needed to meet Ky and tell him how his life was in danger right now.

Jungkook found a bus stop and exhaled out a deep breath in relief, knowing that he could find out where he was right now and go back to his house to explain everything to Ky and also Taehyung.

Jungkook could only pray for everything to be alright now.