╔THIRTEEN╗

"What do you mean Lisa has been kidnapped?" Jungkook exclaimed in horror, his breath becoming ragged and his lips parting unconsciously. His stomach twisted in dread at the thought of Lisa going through the same ordeal he had suffered years ago.

"It's just an assumption. Nothing has been confirmed yet. But it's been hours since she disappeared and she still hasn't returned," Ryan responded, releasing the hug and placing an arm around Jennie's waist. He gave the two men before him a stern gaze.

Jungkook felt his heart pounding and was certain that his blood was rushing through his veins at an alarming rate. Goosebumps spread across his body. He swallowed hard, trying to calm himself, and turned his head to catch a glimpse of Taehyung's face - which remained expressionless, but Jungkook could sense a deeper emotion than just apprehension and tension in his eyes. He nearly sighed in relief.

Taehyung was worried, so he couldn't be the kidnapper.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow as Jungkook continued to stare at him without stopping. Clearing his throat, Taehyung snapped Jungkook out of his trance. Jungkook blushed and turned his head to look back at Ryan and Jennie, who was still crying.

Jungkook speculated that Jennie and Lisa were possibly involved with each other. Initially, when Taehyung mentioned that Lisa would be joining them, the excitement on Jennie's face made it obvious. Now, it was confirmed.

"One of the employees suggested that we should go and inform the police," said Ryan, shaking his head in disagreement. "I think we should wait until tomorrow morning. Let's be logical, guys. It's possible that her phone died and she's just having fun somewhere. Or maybe she has relatives nearby and went to them. Let's not rush into anything." Ryan continued, trying to think rationally.

"Yes, Ryan is right," Taehyung admitted, glancing at a woman with black hair. "Miatriss, I want you to take care of Jennie for now. The rest of us will go out and search for Lisa." Taehyung declared, intertwining his fingers with Jungkook's and nervously biting the inside of his mouth.

Jungkook gripped Taehyung's hand reassuringly and Taehyung turned his head to face Jungkook. His heart raced as Jungkook whispered to him, "Don't worry. I'm sure she will be okay."

Taehyung nodded, looking back at his employees. "I will contact some other workers and ask them to come here and help look for Lisa. We will try our best to find out where she is, so please, Jennie, stop crying." Taehyung muttered quietly, unsure of how to calm his secretary down, so he simply remained silent.

"Take her to a room and try to help her fall asleep, or else she will exhaust herself from crying," Taehyung commanded, glancing at Jisoo.

The black-haired girl nodded quickly. "Yes, sir," she said, observing as Taehyung took hold of Jungkook's hands.

"Doll, I promise that no matter what, I won't let anyone so much as scratch you," Taehyung whispered, pressing his lips against Jungkook's.

Jungkook's cheeks turned pink, and he felt a pleasant sensation in his stomach from Taehyung's gentle kiss. His heart rate increased, and he decided to kiss back, holding onto Taehyung's hands.

"What the hell," one of the employees exclaimed upon witnessing their boss and the new worker kissing right in front of them, with Lisa nowhere to be seen.

Taehyung pulled away from the kiss with a small grin, causing Jungkook to blush even more. Jungkook looked down at his feet, feeling small under Taehyung's intense gaze. This made Taehyung coo and plant a kiss on Jungkook's forehead.

Jungkook's giggle melted Taehyung's heart, and he playfully kissed Taehyung's cheek in return. Everyone, including the receptionist, was surprised by the display of affection, but they disregarded it.

"Am I seeing things or do sir and Jungkook have matching rings?" Jisoo exclaimed, sounding both astonished and amazed. Her words caught everyone's attention, and they glanced at the fourth fingers of Taehyung and Jungkook, where they both wore similar diamond rings.

"Jisoo, I want you to take care of my husband while the rest of us go out to look for Lisa," Taehyung said, his smile unwavering. This surprised the others once again.

Taehyung was someone who rarely smiled - actually, he never smiled. However, with Jungkook, it seemed like he transformed into someone who couldn't stop smiling.