╔TWELVE╗

"Let's go back to the hotel." Taehyung's husky growl, upon seeing Jungkook still on the phone call with Ky, conveyed dominance, eminence, and annoyance. Instantly catching Jungkook's attention, it made his jaw drop and he forgot how to breathe properly due to the authority present in Taehyung's tone.

"I-I'm sorry," Jungkook stammered, realizing that he had been staring at Taehyung for a whole minute without even blinking. Then, he became flustered by how close they were and he could feel Taehyung's breaths. He ended the call and lowered his head.

Taehyung's words filled Jungkook with fear, evident through his clenched jaw, vacant eyes, and tightly sealed lips. Taehyung turned on his heels, starting to walk, and Jungkook hurriedly followed behind him.

After purchasing several pieces of jewelry, Jungkook and Taehyung decided to go to a nice restaurant for lunch. They had planned to go somewhere and have fun until evening, but Taehyung's mood was spoiled by a phone call from Ky. It was especially frustrating when Jungkook didn't end the call and continued to chat with Ky, smiling and laughing.

This only made Taehyung more annoyed with each passing second. He became so impatient that he decided to cancel their plans for the rest of the day and go back to the hotel.

"How did I end up with you? You're so stupid," Taehyung said, stopping in his tracks. Jungkook also stopped, both of them recognizing the oddly familiar voice that made them turn around to catch a glimpse of the owner.

"Because, you know, I'm the only sensible person you've met," the other boy replied with a grin, clinging to his boyfriend's arm as they walked to the other side of the empty street.

"J-Jimin-" "-Yoongi," Taehyung and Jungkook said in synchronization, then looked at each other for a brief moment. Jungkook's eyes grew wide, and he gasped, looking at Taehyung in fear. "Th-they can't see you here with me!" Jungkook snapped, making Taehyung stare back at him, surprised as well.

"They shouldn't know about us- they- they will be disappointed in me if I tell them about you- dammit!" Jungkook cowered, turning around to face away from the two boys, who were behind him.

Taehyung swiftly turned around as well, taking off his black jacket and placing it over his head. "Let's get out of here as fast as we can," Taehyung deadpanned, covering Jungkook's head as well.

Jungkook nodded quickly, clasping his hands together tightly, feeling his stomach twist because of their close proximity. Then his throat became dry and he swallowed, turning his head to ignore Taehyung's intense gaze, both passionate and fierce.

"Let's go back to the hotel," Taehyung said softly and sweetly, pulling Jungkook by his wrist and then they started to run, holding the jacket on top with his other hand.

Jungkook found himself smiling, looking at Taehyung as they both continued to run. Their feet made loud thumping sounds as they hit the pavement, likely odd to anyone who saw them.

But Jungkook couldn't worry about that. He had changed the position of their hands, and now Jungkook and Taehyung had their hands intertwined. Taehyung frowned, surprised by Jungkook's gesture.

Taehyung tilted his head and noticed Jungkook staring at him with the same affection as Jungkook had stared at Taehyung before. Taehyung felt a fluttering sensation in his stomach and a surge of electricity in his mind.

Taehyung instinctively smiled, leaned forward again, and took off his jacket, finally standing in front of their hotel.

The two casually entered the hotel by pushing open the glass door. However, their expressions changed when they saw the other employees and Jennie in the hallway looking distressed.

However, Lisa was not there.

"Oh no, sir!" Jennie burst into tears, shocking Jungkook. However, Taehyung tried to remain calm and composed. "What's wrong, Jennie?" Taehyung asked, putting his jacket back on and walking towards the emotionally distraught girl.

Jungkook slowly followed suit and stood next to Taehyung, feeling his heart ache at the intensity of the girl's cries.

"We can't find Lisa. She disappeared out of nowhere and isn't responding to our calls either. I'm very worried," Jennie said, breathing heavily with tears streaming down her face.

"And we're suspecting she may have been kidnapped," Ryan comfortingly chimed in, stepping forward to embrace Jennie. He then started gently rubbing her back in circles, attempting to calm her down.