29

The couple spent the next morning exploring the city, Ellis showing Lando all of her favourite places. Ellis had taken him to her favourite restaurant for lunch and he was busy on his phone, "I've been reading reviews, everyone says we need to climb to the top of somewhere called Arthur's Seat to see the city". Ellis' heart swelled that he was taking an interest. "Its good up there but freezing. I know somewhere we can go with better views, and it doesn't include climbing a hill" she said with a laugh, "we just need a car". When they got back to the hotel, Lando went to the reception, who sorted a hire car for them. They went back to their room and changed then headed back to the hotel entrance. The porter handed Lando a set of keys to a black range rover that was parked outside. He opened the passenger door for Ellis before climbing into the driving seat. She put the postcode into the sat nav and they headed off.

A short drive through the heart of the city, they rounded a bend and Ellis smiled, "We're here". Lando stopped the car a little confused but as he got out of the car he turned around and understood everything. A breathtaking view over the city, and beyond. "This is the Royal Observatory, and that is my beautiful city" Ellis said with the biggest smile on her face. Lando had never seen her so happy. He opened the boot of the car and they both perched on the edge, whilst Ellis pointed out different buildings.

 He opened the boot of the car and they both perched on the edge, whilst Ellis pointed out different buildings

"That big hill is Arthur's Seat. It's an extinct volcano and right down there, that's where my parents live. In a small town called Gullane". Lando started to laugh "I've actually heard of that. I'm a massive golf fan". Ellis rolled her eyes, "oh, you'll get on well with my dad then". "We better head back to the hotel and get ready, it will take us a little bit to drive down there".