10

Lando woke up to someone knocking at his door. He sleepily walked over to the door and opened it. It was Charlotte. "I thought you must have fallen asleep" she said. "You missed the team dinner but Zak isn't too upset with you". Lando rubbed his eyes "Wait, what time is it?" He glanced at his watch and realised it was 9:30pm, he had slept for hours. Charlotte handed him a bag, "Here, I brought you some food. Eat it and get back to bed. I'll see you for FP1 in the morning". Lando thanked Charlotte and closed the door. 

He sat down on his bed and took the food out of the bag; pasta, his favourite. Charlotte knew him so well. He picked up his phone and he had two messages from Ellis. 

"Shit" Lando said aloud before phoning Ellis

"Shit" Lando said aloud before phoning Ellis. Emily answered her phone. "Hey Emily" he said, "is Ellis okay?" Lando could hear her in the background and he already knew the answer. "What hotel are you staying in?" Emily quickly checked her room key, "We're in Crandon Golf Resort, room 218". Lando couldn't believe it, they were in the same hotel. He hung up the call, grabbed his keycard and left his room. He ran down to the elevator and pressed down. Finally he stopped on the second floor and he raced to room 218. He knocked on the door and Emily opened it, "Wow, that was quick" she said. Ellis was lying on the bathroom floor. "I didn't know what to do" Emily said with tears in her eyes. 

Lando rushed into the bathroom and sat down beside Ellis. He placed his hands on her shoulders, just like he had that Monday in the lane and spoke gently to her. "Ellis, its Lando. It's okay, you're safe. Try to slow your breathing down. Remember how I said, slowly in and out". After nearly ten minutes of slow breathing with her, Lando managed to calm Ellis down. She looked at him thankfully, but with sadness in her eyes. She was exhausted and lay her head down on the towel he had placed next to her. Lando stood up and opened the bathroom door. There was a note on the bedside table "Gone for a walk with Oscar, thanks for phoning him. I felt useless. Emily". Lando went back into the bathroom and scooped Ellis up from the floor. He carried her through to the bedroom and lay her down. She patted the bed, indicating for him to lay beside her. Ellis handed Lando the remote before laying her head on his chest. She felt so safe with him, it was like he could understand how she felt. 

After a while, Lando felt Ellis' breathing deepen. She must have fallen asleep. Emily wasn't back yet but he knew Oscar would be looking after her. He slowly moved off the bed and pulled his hoodie on. He turned out the main light and left Ellis' room. Once safely back in his own room, and hoping nobody had seen him sneaking out of Ellis' room, Lando picked up his phone.

 Once safely back in his own room, and hoping nobody had seen him sneaking out of Ellis' room, Lando picked up his phone