25

Lando let the music play through his car, occasionally changing the song. He had never really paid much attention to songs before but since meeting Ellis, he found himself changing songs to suit his mood more often. He pulled into a car park about 20 minutes from his house and put the seat back. He came here a lot when he was in Woking. It was somewhere homely and familiar to him. He opened his phone and replayed Cannonball again. It was really a beautiful song. Then he had the sudden need to phone Ellis, he just wanted to hear her voice again, see her beautiful face.

***

Ellis was lying on her bed scrolling on her laptop when Emily text back with a big smiley face. Of course, in response to Ellis coming to visit in a few weeks. She put her phone down and clicked on the train website. She was just about to confirm her ticket when her phone buzzed, then buzzed again. It was an incoming FaceTime call. Without looking to see who it was, she swiped accept, expecting to see Emily but there on the screen was the most handsome man ever. Wearing a light grey hoodie and baseball cap backwards, was Lando. His eyes instantly sending butterflies soaring in Ellis' stomach.

"Hello you!" Ellis finally managed to say after staring at Lando. His serious face turned to a nervous smile. "Hi sweet pea, how are you?"Ellis frowned a little then suddenly started ranting without control. "How am I? Well I'm broken, and angry. You see, I met an incredible guy last weekend, we had the most magical time. He told me he didn't want it to just be a one weekend thing but I haven't heard from him since". She let out a sigh and lay back on her bed.

Lando looked away from his phone and out over the woodlands in front of the car. The sun starting to set behind the trees. He took a deep breath and replied "I asked for that I guess". "Where are you" Ellis asked breaking the silence. Lando smiled and turned the camera to show her the view. "It's my secret thinking place". The two sat in silence for a while, enjoying the view. Ellis could hear one of her favourite songs playing on her Alexa and turned the volume up to fill the silence.
"You just call out my name and you know, wherever I am, I'll come runnin', To see you again."

Lando listened to the song, another beautiful lyric but when he looked down at his screen he could see the silent tears running down Ellis' face once again. Lando hung up the phone before quickly messaging Ellis. He understood what she needed right now.