"I didn't know that was a thing." Bonnie said as she looked between us in interest

"Not many do. Siphoners are seen as abominations by other Witches." Sheila explained

"That's great." I sighed quietly, that's just what I needed to hear.

"Well, I don't think you're an abomination, Flo." Bonnie said reassuringly. She placed her hand on my arm to comfort me, but I immediately felt her power flowing through her. Every nerve in my body was crying out for it, wanting me to take it for myself. I flinched and moved my arm, unsure of how to deal with it.

"How do I control it? How do I decide when I take magic from someone or something?" I asked Sheila

"The same way a witch learns to control her powers, with practice. Here, hand me your necklace." Sheila said with an outstretched hand.
I reached up to the necklace that was hanging around my neck. The moon shaped pendant brushed against my fingers as I rotated my necklace and unhooked the clasp. I gently put it in Sheila's hand.

She held the necklace between two hands and closed her eyes before she began to mutter in a language that I didn't recognise. I could feel her magic radiating from her as she channeled it. After a moment, she stopped speaking and opened her eyes with a small smile.

She passed my necklace back over to me and I gasped lightly as the metal made contact with my skin. It was thrumming with magic.

"Give it a try. Siphon the magic from the necklace." Sheila encouraged.

I nodded hesitantly and closed my fingers around the silver jewelry. I focused on the feeling of magic that was pulsating from the object, trying to siphon from it. I allowed it to flow into me and my hand began to glow red. My eyes widened as I watched, it's exactly like that happened with Damon, only it was brighter this time.

After a moment, I let go and stopped taking magic from it. I placed the necklace down on the arm of the sofa and looked at my hands.
Sheila placed a plain white candle on the table in front of me."Now, light this candle."

"I don't know how." I said

"You do." Sheila encouraged

I sighed softly and nodded, staring at the candle in front of me. I closed my eyes for a moment to focus on the feeling of the power that now flowed through me. I allowed it to swirl to the surface as I tried to light the candle. After a moment, I opened my eyes to see the candle had been lit. A small flame flickered on the stem.

"Did I...?" I trailed off, staring in surprise

"You did." Sheila smiled encouragingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ended up heading home with an armful of books, mostly about the history of witchcraft, but one of them had spells that Sheila had recommended to me.

She had called it a grimoire, a book that has been passed down through generations of witches. I quickly got into my bedroom and locked the door behind me, making sure that Jeremy wouldn't walk in my room when I was trying the spells.
I placed the books on my bed and flicked through the grimoire.

After a few pages, I came across a spell. All the information was written down on the page, including warnings and pronunciations.
I read over the pronunciation a few times before I attempted to say it out loud. "Illustrant." The moment the words left my mouth, I felt the familiar buzzing in my veins and every light in my bedroom switched on.

The main light, my lamps and my fairy lights all switched on. I couldn't help but smile in wonder as I looked around. I focused on the feeling of my power again and switched the lights back off again.