Chapter 14: What Should We Do?

-Eridan's POV-
As Karkat was talking to Kankri, he left the room. I wonder why. Sollux still sat there beside me. It was quiet, I didn't like it. "Sol," I said. "What?" He asked. I sighed, "I... I wwant to go home. But wwith my father knowwing I like you.." I look at the bandages over my tail and my arms, "he'll just hurt me again if I do come back." I couldn't help but feel tears start to develop in my eyes. He put a hand on my shoulder and leaned in. I turned my face to his and he gave me a loving kiss. When he pulled away he said something,"don't worry. We'll find a way to get you home thafely." Then Karkat walked in. He had a piece of paper in his hand and the conch shell in the other. He sat down and spoke, "so... Kankri's fine and he told me how he, well... How he became a merman." He scratched the back of his neck after he put the shell on the counter. "Tho that'th what the paper ith for?" Sollux asked, grabbing the paper from Karkat.
-Sollux's POV-
"Tho that'th what the paper ith for?" I asked, grabbing the paper from Karkat's hand. I looked at it carefully. So this is a transformation spell? We need a limestone- no wait a carved and polished limestone. "Where the hell are we going to get a perfectly carved and polith'hed limethtone?" I asked. Karkat looked at me, "we could just go and fucking buy one, there's a store that sells shit like that nearby." I starred at him, "how much money do you think it ith? I couldn't even latht three monthth in my apartment without you giving me thome money to help pay a single hundred dollar rent. I don't know about you, but there're no way I can pay for it." He looked away then sat down with a sigh. Then Eridan spoke up, "we could borroww the one cro used."
"Ok at least we don't have to spend any fucking money." Karkat said. I nodded. Eridan looked back down and sighed. Karkat looked at his watch and stood up, "well it's getting late we should all get some fucking sleep." He said. I nodded again, "yea your right. Let'th get thome retht." Karkat left to go to his room. I stood up and took my first step towards the door, then I felt Eridan grab my wrist. I turned to face him, "ith thomething wrong?" He looked away and blushed a bit, keeping his grip on my wrist. "C-can you stay here wwith me tonight...? Please..." He asked. I kneeled by the tub and asked, "why do you want me to thtay?" He released my hand and answered, "it's just that... Wwith that guy out there to find me and kill you... I don't know I just feel safer wwith you sol. I feel safe wwhen you're near me..." I sat there, silently. That's right. I forgot about that guy. Eridan didn't want to go back to his father but he really wanted to go home too. I gave in and took off all of my clothing except my boxers. He blushed as I sunk into the tub with him. The tub was big but it felt small with both of us in it. I wrapped my arms around him. He leaned against me and relaxed. Pretty soon he fell asleep. He looked so cute. I could feel myself getting sleepy. I gave his sleeping body a kiss on the cheek. I then fell asleep with one last thought going though my head. I... Am going to be very stiff by morning.