Chapter 2: Great Times

-Eridan's POV-
I watched the human walk away. When I couldn't see him anymore I went back home. It's not the first time I've seen him there on the docks. He's been there many times to calm down or to think or something like that. Yes, I am a merman, my name is Eridan Ampora. I have a long tail that's violet, I have ear fins, I have gills, and I even have scales the seem to glow with certain lighting. Anyway, because I'm a merman, my dad says that I shouldn't even be this close to the shore and not to interact with the humans. But this human always catches my eye. Honestly I think I'm in love with that human. Oh.. Wait a minute, if my dad finds out that I'm in love with a human, I don't know what he would do! Well better make sure that he doesn't find out then. Huh, I feel like I'm forgetting something... Oh yea my dad is the king of all the mermaids and mermen, so that would make me and my older brother the princes. Actually, speaking of my older brother, his name is Cronus, and it's his birthday tomorrow. Come to think of it, in just three more years after tomorrow, Cronus will be old enough to be the new king! But just because he's old enough doesn't mean he will be king. Unless something bad happened to my dad, Cronus won't be able to be king. Well there's gonna be a big party tomorrow, so I'd better get back before anyone realizes I'm gone. By the time I got back to my family's cave, my dad was yelling at Cronus. I wonder why. Glad I'm not him right now. Soon my father left, leaving Cronus in his chamber of the cave. I swam up to him, "hey cro, wwhat wwas all that about?" I asked him. ((I'm just not evening going to bother trying to do Cronus' quirk))
He sighed, "I was.. Hangddndvg...." He mumbled that last part. "Sorry wwhat did you say?"
"I said, I was hanging out with a mermaid named Kankri.."
"So? What's wwrong wwith that?"
"He's a lowblood"
"Oh, that's right," I sat next to him. You see, my dad wants Cronus to marry this girl named Meenha((sorry if I spelled it wrong)). She's a pink blooded mermaid and a princess. I don't really like Cronus, but he's my brother and I figured I could tell him about the human. He is really good at keeping secrets for me anyway. "Hey cro?"
"What?" He said looking at me. "Can you keep a secret? It's really important if you don't tell anyone.."
"Sure thing. What is it that no one else can know?"
"Wwell... I think I'm in love with a human.." I could tell Cronus was shocked. "Please don't tell anyone about this, cro"
"Don't worry, I promise I won't tell anyone"
"Ok, wwell if you don't mind I'm just gonna go and explore a bit, thanks cro"
"No problem" he said as I was leaving. After I left, I went to a secret cave that only I know about. I love coming here to relax and just play around a bit. Sometimes I find some pretty cool things in here too. The water is always so warm and the sand is nice and soft too.