Chapter 1

*Kristine's POV*

I paced back and forth in the living room waiting for Julia's arrival. My parents had just left a few minutes ago for a New Years Party taking my brother to his friend's house. Julia's headlights shone through the window and a small smile appeared on my face.

She walked into the house placing her phone down on the table next to the door. "Hey." She smiled, "We alone?"

"Yup. I have a One Direction Concert recorded on the TV." I smirk.

"You know me so well, let's go." She smiles and I chuckle. "Of course I do." I say with a 'duh' tone as we head into the living room. I turned on the TV while she dropped her sweater onto the recliner.

I pursed my lips together as I went through the lists of recordings and stopped at One Direction - Where We Are 2014.

We gave each other a quick glance before the music began to blare to Midnight Memories throughout the whole house.

"Oh my god, I really hope I can convince my mom to buy me tickets for OTRA." Julia sighs. I glance at her quickly with a smirk then turn back to the TV. "Ya, me too but of course like always the tickets have to be so fucking expensive!" Kristine yells. "But our birthdays are in a couple of months maybe one of us will get the tickets and maybe even some backstage passes,"Julia says. I nervously laugh hoping that I'll be able to tell her about the tickets today without any disruptions or her finding out by herself.

*Julia's POV*

Kristine has been acting really weird lately ever since I showed up and when I mention the One Direction concert. I wonder what she is hiding from me, I mean we never keep secrets from each other we always tell each other everything. Whatever maybe it's nothing and I'm just over exaggerating about all of this. Anyway I just turned my head back and continued watching the concert.

Seriously, how can 5 boys be such perfection. I mean come on I love all of them but Louis is definitely my favorite. By the way Kristine's favorite is Harry. We have been wanting to go to one of their concerts for a very long time. Our parents were always too stubborn to buy us tickets. Of course we have tried everything we could to get them to buy the tickets we promised we will do anything, but they still never agree to buying the tickets for us.

"I really hope we can get tickets." I collapse onto the couch a little bit exhausted from jumping around for half an hour straight. "Mhm." Kristine hums in agreement but continues to dance to the boys not even really sparing me a glance.

"You okay?" I ask her curiously. She is a weird person - we both are - but never this weird. "Yeah, fine why?"

"You are acting so weird." I point out and she lets out a nervous chuckle. "I am always weird, I'm directioner."

"Ya right....." I tell her giving her a weird look.

The movie ends and Kristine exits the room for a few seconds without a word. What in the world? I bite down on my bottom lip and wait for her to reenter her living room. Once she does, she has a hand full of party poppers.

"Why do we need those?" I ask her curiously. She shrugs her shoulders and bites back a small smile, "Party poppers... It is New Years silly, remember?" She chuckles nervously and sets them down on the coffee table. Could she get any weirder right now?

I nod my head slowly and turn back to the TV where a New Years countdown is on. Besides the music, screams, fireworks and our occasional fan girl moments when an artist that we like comes on, it was relatively quiet. For us at least.

We watch the huge New Year's Ball count down as it finally reaches Midnight. There our loud screams from outside the house and a multitude of fireworks going on outside. Kristine opens up the party poppers and throws them around. "Who is going to clean this up?" I laugh and she shrugs she shoulders carelessly as she continues to open them up.

After a few seconds, she throws a party popper at me unopened. "Open it." She tells me with a creepy huge smile on her face.

"Um okay weirdo" I say as I look at her. I open the party popper and throw the confetti into the air. I notice that some things feel on the ground that were not confetti. I picked up the objects and just stared at what I was holding in my hands in shock.

"I-i-is t-this what I-i think it is?!" I screamed, slightly stuttering.

"Mhm." Kristine said as she looked at me with a knowing smirk as I begin to freak out.

*Kristine's POV*

I stared at my best friend as she was just jumping around the room with joy and nearly baling her eyes out.

"And you thought I was the weird one?" I mumbled under my breath. She quickly stops for a moment and turns to look at me with a narrowed expression, "Shut up."

I roll my eyes and she continues to bounce up and down. "Oh my god! How did you even get these?!" She screams still jumping up and down.

"Well with a ton of begging and probably a load of chores for the next few months, but it is so worth it!" I smile at her and she lets out another excited scream.

"Of course it is worth it!"

I watch her as she bounces up and down for the next few minutes with a huge smirk on my face. She finally collapses onto the couch and I look at her expectantly. "Done?"

She shakes her head letting out one more fangirl scream before she turns to look at me with a satisfied smile before nodding, "Now I am finished... For now at least.

I wear a huge smile, "Julia?"

"Yeah?" She lets out an exhausted sigh as she looks at me curiously. "We are going to California to see One Direction."

"I know I just screamed and bounced around your living room for the past ten minutes because of it." Julia rolls her eyes and I let out a small chuckle and lay down on a couch not to far from where she is.

"Believe me, I know." I glance over at her. She gives me a weak exhausted smile then turns to look up at the ceiling.

"I am so excited." She announces. "Again, believe me I know." I let out an exhausted chuckle as a faint firework noises are heard outside the house.

For a while there is a comfortable silence between the two of us as we both think about the concert as the TV continues to play and people continue to celebrate the new year.

The front door opens and slams and a slight chatter from my parents is heard. As they walk into the living room they both freeze. My mom looks around the living room with a furious expression at the mess that I had created earlier with the party poppers.

"Kristine Marie Nyk. Julia Eleanor Faylo. What in the world happened?!" She yells and we quickly glance at each other, holding back our laughter as she rants slightly about the mess.

"Clean this up right now!" She stomps out of the room and we both burst into laughter as she leaves.

While we were cleaning up the mess we were talking about the concert and how much fun it would be.