XXIV

I just wanna let y'all know that I don't appreciate how y'all was talking to me in them comments on the last chapter. I still love y'all, but don't do that shit again!!!!! 😒😒😂😂

Anyways, there's going to be a time jump in this chapter by 6 months. I hope yall enjoy this chapter! 😘💕

Marcus

"When it comes to five month old Milani Thomas it has been determined by this court that Mr. Walker, you are not the father." Judge Marshall read the first results. I smirked as I rubbed Alani's lower back. I know she's jumping for joy in the inside. I looked over at dumbass and saw that he visibly looked upset.

"Tuh." He scoffed. "Her hoe ass." He said.

"Mr. Walker, language." The Judge scolded him. "Watch your language and refrain yourself from your outbursts, otherwise I will hold you in contempt of court." She said to him. He held his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry your honor." He said. She shook her head as she grabbed the next envelope.

"When it comes to five month old Ariyah Thomas, it has been determined by this court that Mr. Walker, you are not the father." She read the second results. I felt Alani take a deep breath and I looked at her to see a smile on her face. "Ms. Harris, you look like you're ready to cry. Tell me what's going on." The Judge said to Alani.

"If anything, they would be happy tears." She said as everybody laughed. I looked at her and wiped the tears that fell. "I don't mean to sound selfish but I can't even begin to think about what my life would be like if he was the father. I had to get a temporary restraining order on him when we first broke up because he kept popping up to my house and he would even come over drunk sometimes, and I feared for my safety. I-" Before she could finish her sentence dumbass cut her off.

"Your honor, I would have never hurt Alani contrary to popular belief." Dumbass said.

"I'm about to keep it 100 with you Mr. Walker. You had already hurt her and the damage was done when you cheated on her." She said as she looked at him. The audience clapped as they agreed with her. "You've wasted this poor young lady's time coming here because you can't get over the fact that she's moved on and is clearly happy." She said to him.

"Your Honor-" He started to say before she cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it." She said as she waved her hand dismissively. "Ms. Harris and Mr. Thomas, you guys make a lovely couple and you have some of the most beautiful, precious daughters that I have seen in a long time. I wish you guys the very best in your relationship. Court is adjourned." She said as she banged her gavel before standing up and walking to her chamber. The bailiff walked over to dumbass and escorted him out first before he escorted us out. When we got outside Alani hugged her doctor.

"Thank you so much Dr. Hunter." Alani said as they embraced.

"Of course. I know how stressful these court cases can be because of the other party so I had no problem taking time away from the office for you." Dr. Hunter said. "I have to get going though so I will see you soon. It was nice seeing you again Marcus." She said as she gave me a hug.

"It was nice seeing you again as well, thank you." I said to her. She nodded and smiled and waved before walking away. "Thank God that's over." I said as I looked at Alani.

"No forreal. I need a drink." She laughed. I laughed as I nodded and looked at my watch.

"You wanna go out to eat?" I asked her as we walked over to her car. I opened the driver door for her and helped her get in before getting in on the passenger side.