Ch. VI

Alani
July 24, 2022

Twins with a married man. This is what my life has come to. What the fuck did I ever do to deserve this? What makes matters worst is I'm pregnant by my coworkers husband, the one coworker I really don't get along with. I just know she's about to spread rumors at work about me saying that I knowingly sleeping with a married man.

After finding out that Marcus was married I couldn't help but to put him on the block list. I knew I wasn't going to keep him on there because we are having kids together, but I couldn't bring myself to talk to him just yet. If I would have known he was married I wouldn't have even entertained him that night.

I was currently at work and I've never been more irritated in my life. His bird brain of a wife keeps walking by my desk throwing out slick remarks everytime she comes and goes by. "Whore." I heard her say just as she was approaching my desk. I turned my chair to the aisle and leaned back like I was stretching, and I stuck my foot out causing her to trip and tumble over it.

"Oops." I said as I laughed. She glared at me as she got up off of the floor and pointed her finger in my face.

"Listen hear you home wrecking bitch-" She started to say before I stood up.

"Mia please don't make me drag your ass up and down this office because you know I will. You already know how I get down." I said as I took my jacket off and put my hair up in a bun. I quickly calmed myself down as I realized that I can't be fighting anymore because I'm carrying her step children. That shit don't even sound right, her evil ass won't be around my kids so Marcus is going to have to figure some shit out. "Bitch you better be lucky I'm-" I started to say before I shut my mouth. I think it's best if she hears it from her husband. I rolled my eyes at the thought. "Get your ugly ass out of my face and away from my desk before I drop kick your dumb ass." I said as I sat back down and got back to work. This bitch was about to make my blood pressure go up for no damn reason.

"Dumb bitch. I hope you know that Marcus is mine." She emphasized. "He'd never date a trashy ass bitch and home wrecker like you." She said before walking away. I smirked as I ignored her. Baby girl, if you only knew how your husband had me twisted like a pretzel and was rearranging my guts last month.

"Hey boo!" Delilah said as she walked into my house. I smiled as I emerged from the kitchen and gave her a hug.

"Hey bestie." I said as I smiled. "I missed you." I pouted. She laughed as she rubbed my belly.

"We just saw each other for lunch." She said. I laughed as I nodded as we went to sit on the couch.

"I know. But you know how nervous I still am about this pregnancy. Since I haven't old Marcus yet, you're the only one who knows for sure and it's starting to get to me that I haven't told anyone else yet." I said to her. She nodded.

"Why didn't you tell Marcus yet? I thought you said you texted him and asked if you guys could talk and he said yeah." She said. I nodded as I crossed my legs and took a deep breath. I clasped my hands together and sat them in my lap as I looked at her.

"Bitch let me tell you this story." I said as I shook my head. "So after my appointment the other day I texted him and he texted back and said yeah. So I had to go by the store later after work before I came home so I stopped by Publix. I'm grabbing my things and I was on the water aisle and after I put the water in my cart I looked up and there he was. We exchanged pleasantries a little bit and just as I was about see if he was free to talk that night, that bitch Mia from my job walked over." I said as I rolled my eyes.