Ch. VIII (Pt. I)

Y'all I'm trying to come up w some characters for this book, but I'm coming up short 😭😭😭 I know who I'm going to have as Delilah, Xavier and Alani's parents, but I'm unsure about the others. I'll let y'all know as soon as I figure that part out & I upload the characters chapter lol.

Enjoyyyy!! 🩷

Alani
November 4, 2022

"How are my grand babies?" My mom asked as she rubbed my stomach. We were currently at the mall because she wanted to start buying clothes for the babies, and if she's paying then I'm not going to stop her.

"Kicking my ass. Look at how big I am." I whined as I pointed at my stomach. She laughed as we walked into Janie and Jack.

"It'll all be over soon and it's going to be so worth it." She said as we looked at some clothes. I heard my text notification go off on my phone so I took it out of my purse and looked at my messages. I licked my lips as I saw that I had a message from Marcus. We've gotten to know each other a lot better over the last few months and we have a really good friendship going at the moment. We vibe good and we fuck even better, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Wassup beautiful, wyd? - Marcus

At the mall with my mama, she wants to start buying things for the babies. Wyd? - Me

"Isn't this so cute, Alani?" I heard my mom ask. I looked up from my phone and saw that she was holding a onesie that read 'I'm not spoiled, my Grandma just loves me'. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, it's cute mama." I laughed.

"I'm getting two." She said as she threw them in the cart. I laughed and shook my head. My mama got her wish and out of both of my brothers and myself, I'm the one that's bringing home the granddaughters. I'm already knowing that they're going to be so spoiled given the fact that my parents, Marcus, and his parents are all excited.

"Mama, I'm hungry. I'm going to the pretzel stand." I said. She nodded.

"Okay, be careful." She said. I nodded as I made my way out of the store. The pretzel stand wasn't too far from the store so I was just going to get an order and sit and wait for my mom to get finished. As I was standing in line looking at the menu I felt someone put their arm around my shoulder.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled as I looked up at the person. I laughed as I saw Marcus looking down at me. "You almost got slapped." I said as he kissed my temple before rubbing my stomach.

"My bad." He laughed. "I wanted to see what your reaction was going to be." He said. I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as we moved up in the line.

"My mama dragged me here for the same reason you and your mom are here." He said as he shook his head. I laughed as I shook my head. I met his family about two months ago and his mom and I hit it off really well. She did admit to giving me the side eye at first because I got pregnant by Marcus and he was married, which was understandable. But after I explained to her that I had no idea he was married she was more understanding.

"I remember you said that your brother has three girls and two boys, and then you have a girl and a boy. Is she just excited for more grandkids or the fact that they're both girls?" I asked him.