Ch. VII

Long chapter for you guys, enjoy! 🤗🩵

Marcus
July 30, 2022

I woke up to the sound of somebody banging on a door. I put the pillow over my head as I tried to drown the noise out but then my phone started ringing. I kissed my teeth as I reached over and dismissed the call. The banging stopped for a second before my phone started ringing again. I kissed my teeth again as I sat up and reached over to grab my phone. I denied that call as I saw that it was Mia calling. I stood up and grabbed a pair sweatpants from my closet and slipped them on before making my way out of my room. I looked out the peephole ready to go off on whoever was banging on my door until I realized it was my mama. "Wassup mama?" I asked her when I opened the door. She looked at me and smiled.

"Hey son. I just came over here to check on you, I haven't heard from you in a couple of days." She said as she walked in. I closed the door behind her and locked it before following her to the living room.

"Sorry mama, I've been busy." I said as I sat on the couch and yawned.

"I see." She chuckled. "I've seen the pictures you've been posting of the tattoos that you've been doing. They look good, I'm ready for another one." She said. I laughed as I nodded.

"I got you. Just let me know when." I said. She nodded as she looked at me.

"How are things with you and Mia?" She asked. My mom wasn't the biggest fan of Mia when we first got together, but she's come around to her and although they're not the closest, they respect each other.

"What do you know mama?" I asked her. She laughed and held her hands up in surrender.

"She called me the other day, and asked me to talk to you. She did tell me that she cheated and that she wanted me to try to see if I could get you to reconsider letting her move back in." She said. I twisted my lips to the side as I ran my hand down my face.

"No disrespect mama, but she shouldn't have even called you and told you our business. That makes shit awkward if I were to ever bring her around to family events and gatherings again." I said as I looked at her.

"I'm just the messenger, I didn't mean to overstep my boundaries. I don't like that she said anything about what was going on between y'all, but the poor girl sounded so distressed when she called me I told her I would at least mention it to you, however it was up to you on whether you wanted to follow through with it or not." She said.

"I know you didn't mean any harm by it mama, but the answer is no." I said. "How are you and John?" I asked her. John is my step dad. He and my mom got married not too long after her and my dad got divorced. I have a great relationship with both my dad and John, and they even have a great relationship being the fact that my mom and dad had an amicable split. At the end of the day, we're all one big family.

"We're good. We're going to Vegas this weekend with your dad and Andrea." She said. Andrea is my step mom, her and my mom have a really good relationship even though Andrea wasn't a fan of my mom at first because of how close her and my dad still are. They divorced when I was fifteen, but they're still the best of friends. I don't know how they do it because once I divorce Mia I don't want anything to do with her.

"That's wassup." I said. "So I have to tell you something." I said as I leaned forward and rubbed my hands together.

"What is it?" She asked.