Ch. IV

Aliyah
One month later - July 19, 2022

"Hi daddy!" I said to my dad as I gave him a hug. Once a week, we get together at different restaurants and just spend time together since we're always so busy. I was currently on my lunch break and since he was in the area we decided to go to Olive Garden.

"Hey baby girl, how are you doing?" He asked as he kissed my forehead. I smiled as he pulled my chair out for me and I sat down before he sat across from me.

"I'm good, can't complain. How are you?" I asked him as I picked my menu up.

"I'm good. Your mama getting on my damn nerves." He said as he shook his head. I laughed as I looked up at him.

"Not too much on my mama, dad. What did she do though?" I asked him. Before he could answer, our waiter walked over. He took our order before walking away.

"Talking about she wants to go on vacation to the Bahamas even though we just came back from one. I told her to go sit on the pool chairs in the back yard under the palm trees and make herself a drink so that she could feel like she's in the Bahamas." He said. I laughed as I shook my head.

"Now you see where I get my spoiled ness from. You're saying all this now, but I bet you already have the tickets and the vacation planned and booked." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"That's not the damn point. Whose side are you on?" He asked as he laughed. I shook my head. "Anyways, she told me about you and Kendrick. How are you holding up?" He asked.

"I'm actually doing good dad. I cried about it for a week before my friends took me out and I got over it and him quickly." I said. He nodded.

"You already know I wanna fuck him up, all you gotta do is say the word." He said.

"I know. I know how overprotective you guys are, but I'm good." I said.

"I need to come over and change the locks and upgrade your security system. Let me know when a good time is and I'll come over and do it." He said just as the waiter brought our food out to us. I nodded and we said grace before digging in.

"Thanks for lunch dad." I said as we walked out of the restaurant after he paid. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as he leaned down to kiss my head.

"No problem. You know I enjoy the time that we spend together." He said as he walked me to my G-wagon. "Are you good? Do you need money or anything? Are all of your bills paid?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes, everything is on autopay so I don't have to worry about anything. But I don't mind some extra money." I said as held my hand out. He laughed as he reached in his pocket and pulled his wallet out. He counted out five hundred dollar bills and handed it to me.

"Is that enough or do you need more?" He asked. I laughed as I shook my head.

"This is good. Thank you dad, I love you." I said as I hugged him. He nodded as he hugged me back and kissed my forehead.

"I love you more princess, get back to the office safely." He said. I nodded as he hugged me one more time before I got in my car. I started my car up and pulled my phone out to check my messages. I texted in the group chat earlier to see if they wanted to do taco Tuesday at my place tonight so I was checking to see if they texted back.