Ch. I

Y'all got me so hype to write this book lol. I can't wait to get into it! Alani's outfit in the MM. Enjoy 🩷

Alani Harris
June 17, 2022
5:47 PM

Eight years. Eight fucking years of my life wasted with a man who I thought was the love of my life. How could someone cheat on someone who they called the love of their life and their soulmate? It doesn't make sense to me and it's not adding up. As much as I want to say I hate Kendrick and everything about him, I know that would be a lie. It's been a week since I caught him cheating on me with two women at the same time and I've been cooped up in my house the entire time. I haven't even left the house to go get food, I've been ordering through DoorDash like it's nobody's business. I even called out of work for the week because I was so heartbroken, it still doesn't feel real.

As I picked my phone up to order food, I heard banging at my front door and I groaned. Why do people feel like they have to knock like the police to get your attention? I pushed the covers off of me and swung my feet over the side of the bed. I stepped into my house shoes before opening my door and walking out of my room. I glanced at myself in one of the mirrors in my hallway and cringed at the bed head hair and dry face. I shook my head as I walked downstairs and rolled my eyes as the banging continued. I looked at the cameras and saw that it was two out of three of my best friends, Delilah and Xavier. I rolled my eyes as I took the chain off of the door and unlocked the bottom locks. I opened the door and looked at them. "What?" I asked.

"Bitch what's going on with you? The last time we talked to you was on Wednesday. You read our texts yesterday and today, but never replied to them." Delilah said as she gave me a hug before walking inside. Xavier did the same thing before I closed and locked my door.

"I just haven't felt like texting back." I shrugged. They looked at each other before looking back at me. I saw their faces change before Xavier spoke up.

"Why have you been crying? Did Kendrick do something to you?" He asked seriously. I felt myself tearing up at the mention of his name. It's different when you think about a person versus actually hearing their name. I don't know how to explain it, but just hearing his name had me wanting to bawl my eyes out all over again. "Oh no babes, what happened?" Xavier asked as he came to hug me. That hug instantly made the tears fall.

"Bestie, did he put his hands on you?" Delilah asked me with a raised eyebrow as she put her hair up in a bun and went to reach into her purse. I quickly shook my head as I wiped my tears.

"No, he didn't hurt me. At least not physically." I said as I grabbed her hand to stop her. I sighed as I sat on the couch and patted both sides so that they could each come and sit next to me. "Last week after I left your house after our game night, I went over to his apartment before coming home. When I walked in I went to the kitchen to get a water and then I made my way to his bedroom because I could hear music coming from it. When I got to his room I opened the door and he was in there with two bitches. He was fucking one while she was giving the other one head." I explained as I started feeling sick to my stomach at the thought of it.

"Alani!" They gasped.

"Why didn't you tell me? You know you're my sis and I don't fucking play about you." Delilah said seriously. I nodded because it was true. Delilah and I have been best friends since before we born to be honest. Her parents and my parents are best friends and they were adamant that their kids would be best friends. Now I have two older brothers and Delilah has an older brother and sister, but they were dead set that their last child would be best friends and honestly I'm glad to have Delilah in my life.

"I know Delilah, and I appreciate you. But it's fine. It just wasn't meant to be I suppose." I shrugged. As casually as I said that, it didn't stop my heart from breaking even more just thinking about it.