XXIII

Lmaoo, please don't hate me 😂😂

Alani
August 9, 2023

Today is the day of the paternity court date with Kendrick and my nerves are bad. Not because I think they're Kendrick's, but because I have a bad feeling about this whole ordeal. There's no way he's that obsessed with me, when he has a whole wife and kid, that he really believes that my kids are his and I'm being petty by keeping them from him. He's doing the absolute most for my attention and I'm over it. "Stop stressing mama." Marcus mumbled as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. I looked up at him as he slept and smiled slightly.

"How did you know I was up?" I asked him as I traced circles on his chest.

"You're my whole heart and more Alani. I always know when something's bothering you or when you're worried about something." He said as he kissed my forehead. "Stop stressing over that dumb ass nigga. We both know that neither Milani or Ariyah is his. We don't have shit to worry about." He said. I nodded.

"I know. I just have a bad feeling about this whole thing." I said. "What if they are his? Or even one of them is his? Would you be mad at me?" I asked him.

"I know they're not his kids, let's just clear that up right now. But no, I would not be mad at you. I would be more upset at the fact that he'd still have to be in your life. It ain't nothing for me to set shit straight with him about the role he plays in your life IF he is the dad." He said. "I love you though mama, more than you know. We don't have shit to worry about. Let's get some sleep because we have to be up in about five hours or so." He said. I nodded as I scooted closer to him and closed my eyes.

"I love you too baby." I said as I forced myself back to sleep.

"All rise. The honorable Judge Lisa Marshall is presiding." The bailiff said. Everyone sitting in the seats behind us stood. Marcus stood off to my left with his hand on my lower back. I looked at the Judge and immediately got intimidated because she looks like she does not play at all.

"Thank you. Good morning everyone, please be seated." Judge Lisa said as she took her seat and took a look at some papers. "Mr. Walker you're here today to prove that you are the father to five month old twins Milani and Ariyah Thomas. Is that correct?" She asked Kendrick.

"Yes your honor." He answered. I rolled my eyes, his ass makes me so sick.

"Ms. Harris, you're here to prove that Mr. Walker did not father your twins. You claim that you have results and evidence that will prove that Mr. Walker is not the father, is that correct?" She asked me. I nodded as I looked at her.

"Yes your honor." I answered. She nodded.

"Mr. Walker please state your case and why you have a feeling that you're the father." She said to him.

"Well your honor, Alani and I were in a relationship for eight years before we broke up. I-" Kendrick started to say before the judge cut him off.

"Eight years is a long time. Why did you guys break up after so long?" She asked.

"We just weren't seeing eye to eye anymore, and we were constantly fighting all of the time. It got to be too much." Kendrick lied. I frowned as I raised my hand to get the Judge's attention.

"I'm sorry your honor, but that is a complete lie. I went over to his house one night after hanging out with my friends and caught him in the act with two females. I broke up with him because he cheated." I told her the truth.

"Is that true, Mr. Walker?" She asked him as she looked at him. I could feel him shooting daggers at me and I turned and gave him the same look back. "I would like an answer today Mr. Walker." She said.