ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16.

omniscient
later that day

soft knocks awoke marshall who looked around the dark unfamiliar room in confusion, feeling a weight on his chest he looked down seeing nothing but mya's curly hair all over his naked chest

"mya? sweetheart are you hungry?". marshall heard mya's mother soft voice, marie stared at her daughter's bed room door in guilt she knew the nasty divorce was hurting her family, especially mya who adored their parents now past relationship.

"my my sweetie are you awake?". amelia knocked a bit harder making marshall gently shake mya's still body making her whined snuggling closer to his warm body, "pretty girl wake up please". marshall pleaded hearing the door knob jiggle.

fluttering her tired eyes open mya gazed into marshall's bright eyes. "what's wrong with you?". she whispered, she hated being woken up especially since she got little to no sleep nowadays due to her parents constant fighting.

"answer your mom she's at the door tryna get in". at the mention of her mother mya sat up ignoring her aching body, standing up her body crashed to the floor making marshall laugh lowly.

HE TRULY MADE MYA EAT HER OWN WORDS AGAINST HIM, HE REALLY MADE HER BEDRIDDEN...

"mya are you okay?". marie softly asked twisting the locked doorknob.

grabbing her robe mya cut her eyes at marshall halting his fits of laughter, "marshall go hide somewhere". she whispered yelled at him, every step she took towards the door the more her stomach muscles tightened in pain marshall quickly grabbed his boxers off the floor before grabbing his sweat pants sliding them on accidentally slipping over mya's heels.

marvin glanced at his wife before pushing her to the side grabbing the spare keys hearing the door unlocking mya grabbed marshall's shoulder shoving him towards her small closet slamming it shut marvin glanced around the mya's messy room before his eyes landed on his daughter who looked plain exhausted.

"you ain't hear your mother speaking to you?". he asked raising his eyebrow, "n—no sir i was sleeping daddy i'm sorry". she whispered leaning her body against the wall for support, her legs felt like jello at the moment marshall accidentally hit mya's shelf making some of her awards crash by his feet.

jumping in surprise marvin shoved mya aside before she grabbed his hand. "what the hell was that?". he asked looking over at his daughter who prayed she didn't look guilty, licking her lips she kept eye contact she was a terrible liar and her father knew that.

"my awards must of fell chaz was trying fix that shelf earlier i'll get them later". marvin nodded making her sigh in relief, "we heading to dinner you wanna go sweetie?". marie asked hopeful, for the last few weeks of being back home mya stayed copped up in her room avoiding her parents mainly her father.