Holdiay Dislikes

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and Antonio and his Gang were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that hey followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban. The few owl that managed to battle their way through the stormy sky to deliver mail had to be nursed back to health by Hagrid before they could fly off again.

No one could wait for the holidays to start. While the Slytherin common room - which seamed to not help- and the Great Hall had roaring fires, the drafty corridors had become icy and a bitter wind rattled the windows in the classrooms. Worst of all were Professor Snape's classes down in the dungeons, where their breath rose in a mist before them and they kept as close as possible to their hot cauldrons.

"I do feel so sorry," said Draco Malfoy."for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home." He added smugly.

He was looking over at Hermione, Pansy, Blaise and Theodore as he spoke still rather Enraged about her being a Seeker. It was true that Hermione wasn't going back to The Grangers Nor The Zabinis for Christmas. Professor McGonagall had come around the week before, making a list of students who would be staying for the holidays, and Hermione had signed up at once.

She didn't feel sorry for herself at all; this would probably be the best Christmas she'd ever had. Blaise and his brothers were staying, because Ms Zabini was punishing them for letting Hermione even Mount a broom. Theodore was staying, too, because his father has been rather unimpressed by his grades.

Crabbe and Goyle chuckled.

Hermione, who was measuring out powdered spine of lionfish, ignored them.

"Can you pass the Spider eyes Pans?" Asked Hermione.

Malfoy had been even more unpleasant than usual since the Quidditch match. Disgusted that the Slytherins had won by Hermione's slight of hand and eye.

"I wonder what next walking bush Marcus Will use in quidditch," Draco remarked looking far to desperate for the girl's attention to everyone in the room, even to The potions master.

"Mr Malfoy. I suggest you stop you foolish comments this once," Severus commented, the eyes in the room sifted over to Snape who was standing besides the boy.

Completely bewildered, Severus Snape, putting Draco Malfoy back inline? This was not an ordinary occurrence. Everyone knew Severus favoured the boy over anyone else.

"Uh-...yes Professor," Draco Said between his teeth looking down at his potion, a satisfied grin formed Hermione's mouth.

"Teachers pet got cut down," Blaise commented Hermione, Blaise and Theodore let out a laugh.

"You four...I suggest you mind your business," Snape told the group drawing out his sentence in his chilling monotone voice.

They did not have to be told twice.

"Yes professor," they replied collectively.

When they left the dungeons at the end of Potions, they found a large fir tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom and a large puffing sound told them that Hagrid was behind it.

"Hi, Hagrid, want any help?" Hermione asked, sticking her head through the branches.

"Nah, I'm all right, thanks."

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" came Malfoy's cold drawl from behind them. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Granger? Hoping to become gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose - that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's probably used to." He Remarked.