Chapter 34: Mole

Sigil woke up to the feeling of a liquid encompassing him yet his mouth was untouched by it instead being covered by something else. ‘Bacta?’ He thought, observing the room around him.

In front of him was a figure he still couldn’t make out who had failed to notice his awakening. To his relief however a medical droid had sensed the change in breathing and came in to check on him only to find him awake.

“Doctor.” The droid said, tugging on a female Zabrak’s coat. “What?!” The woman said in frustration, yanking her coat free of the droid’s grasp.

“Patient number three is awake.” The droid informed. Her expression quickly became serious as she moved in to check on the now conscious Admiral.

Peering through the tank’s thick glass walls, she saw a pair of eyes staring back at her. Seeing that he indeed was awake, doctor ‘Veg’ walked over to the vital’s display just off the side of the tank.

The readings indicated he was fine but just to make sure, she ran a full body scan using sensors built into the tank. The results only showed a few broken ribs but nothing else was out of the ordinary.

Pressing the medical crane’s lift button, Sigil was slowly lifted up and out of the bacta tank and made to stand next to the medical bed.

Walking over, Veg handed him a jumpsuit he could wear back to his quarters.

“Thanks doctor. How long was I out for? What even happened?” He asked, taking the jumpsuit from her. “First of all, two days and second of all It was a planted bomb.” She replied. “How come I didn’t sense i-” He began murmuring quietly as he put it on but remembered that he cut himself off for the duration of the game.

“Anybody caught?” he asked. “No but they do have suspects.” She replied. “Who?” He asked, looking at her while trying to keep his balance.

“They suspect it to be the former Imperial Captain, a man named Antioch.” she said, now dropping her hips as she waited for him to get ready. 

Sigil’s blood ran cold. It couldn’t have been his own brother in law but as it stood, he was the most likely candidate in the eyes of rebel intelligence.

“Anything wrong Admiral?” She asked, seeing him staring off into the distance. “No. Not at all.” He replied, looking up at her. “Thank you doctor.” He said, walking out of the room and intending to go towards his quarters on base.

Outside the door, he saw the awaiting Turan and Shim. “Admiral. Are you alright?” Turan aksed, turning around at the sound of the door only to see Sigil at the door.

“I appreciate your concerns. I am fine.” He said, trying to soothe their worries. “We unfortunately have been barred from doing our own investigation on the matter.” Shim grunted in frustration.

“Again, I appreciate your concerns as such under my orders you to carry out your investigation and report your findings. Whoever it was wasn’t Imperial, else a fleet would be here.” He informed.

With that, the pair of Noghris grinned and headed off down the hallway to begin their investigation of the planted bomb. Just then Sigil wondered what happened to Jan and Ackbar, causing him to reenter the medical room.

“Excuse me doctor.” He said. “Yes Admiral? Anything you forgot?” She asked, caught off guard by his reentering of the room. “Yes, I wasn’t the only one caught in the blast. What of General Dodanna and Admiral Ackbar?” He asked.

“I’m afraid General Dodanna is in a coma but Admiral Acjbar is considerably better yet needs a month to fully recover. At Least from what I heard.” She replied. “I appreciate your information.” He thanked, going out into the dimly lit hallway.