Chapter 8: Kill, Capture, Escape And Exile

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Disclaimer:

I have decided not to describe any scenes from the seige of mandalore to avoid spoiling it.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"Preparing to exit hyperspace." 5cn announced. "Conduct the exit procedures and stay in orbit. I will take the auxiliary to the surface." He ordered before heading off to the back of the ship. Going to the back, the door to the auxiliary named the 'Shark' as its door slid open.

He entered the ship and sealed the door behind him. Looking out the windows, he saw the inky blackness of space, dotted by the stars, in their millions. Seating himself in the pilot's chair, he began the undocking procedure. With a hiss, the shark detached from the void dragon. Piloting the shark away from the void dragon, he flew it towards the city of sundari.

Landing just on the wall of the city's biodome. Using magnetic boots and gloves, he scale up the wall until reached a landing platform. Climbing up the ledge, he avoided guards and customs officers alike until reaching inside the city. Once inside, he pulled up a map of Sundari on his holo pad and observed the areas surrounding the royal palace.

After careful observation, he found a rooftop overlooking the palace. Perfect for a sharpshooter. Navigating his way through the underworld of Sundari, he reached the entrance of the intended building. Making his way inside, he avoided the turbolift and opted for the abandoned staircase. He reached the rooftop and set up his rifle in a firing position. Yet another stolen republic model; the DC-15A, long range, high power and most importantly for him, no scope.

He observed the patrols of mandalorians near the palace entrance and surrounding area. He made note of all the officers passing by and their rank by the horns on their helmet, but from afar it wasn't easy to note the size difference.

Finally a female officer stepped out of the entrance having larger horns on her helmet than the rest. He sucked in a deep breath of air and steadied himself. Guiding his shot to where he estimated she would end up, he pulled the trigger.

A blue bolt of plasma flew the distance between the muzzle and her. He waited in anticipation until the bolt found its mark. The blue beam of plasma hit the woman on the higher edge of her pauldron barely missing her neck. But the force of impact from the high power setting, presumably dislocated her shoulder as she was sent to the ground by potential energy contained inside the bolt.

Crying in agony he readied himself for another shot but other mandalorians surrounded their wounded officer and activated their wrist mounted shields. He didn't deem it worthy of revealing his position so he let them carry her away.
The slight chaos he caused, caused the guards to extend their patrolling range. Meaning guards went on patrol solo to cover more ground. Perfect pickings for him. One by one, the guards were starting to get picked off. Many of them hit the ground with a clattering noise as their armor hit the floor beneath their feet.

Their ranks began to thin out As he was about to take another shot, the force around him screamed at him to roll away. Doing so he dodged a golden blaster bolt which impacted where he was. Looking back, he saw a high ranking officer accompanied by four troops. "Hands up!" The officer demanded. He observed his situations and after a quick consideration, he lifted his arms up in defeat.

Two of the soldiers came up and took off his utility belt and rifle while the other cuffed him and made him drop to his knees by hitting him over the head with his pistol.