22.

HI

Taehyung sobbed curling up on the floor beside his bed. He just wanted to see the raven head for once. Is it too much to ask for? When taehyung doesn't want to look at him, that man just barges in and likes to take his anger out on taehyung and now when he willingly wants to meet him, he's not showing up and sending his assistant again? Baekhyun came a moment after taehyung called Jungkook but he was sent away after taehyung sternly told him he didn't need anyone now. 

But still Taehyung kept calling out for him. ''please'' 

He couldn't help but think --'' If it's my  kookie, he would have run for me, been here in a second.'' 

He's scared right now. So scared. He hates to be alone, he's scared of everything that's been going on but the older doesn't seem to care. 

 Am i just a weapon to him ? A weapon to defeat my appa? Is that it? 

That word he keeps calling me. That word. oh that word. Taehyung just wants to hear that from his mouth right now. Sweetheart.

In a corner of his heart, taehyung is sure that he'd come. Jungkook would. 

In the dimly lit room, the sniffles of the brunette died soon. His eyes fluttered close after sometime. The little bit of moon light falling through the ventilator grazing his face making him look ethereal. Faint footsteps could be heard soon enough as taehyung stirred . 

His heartbeat started accelerating, he could feel someone is coming up and that someone is not Baekhyun. Eyes still closed, the boy let out slow breaths, trying to appear as a sleeping person. Not wanting the person who's coming to flee and disappear again. Not wanting Jungkook to disappear again. 

Just a moment later, he felt fingers touching his cheeks. Oh how badly taehyung is controlling himself right now from not opening his eyes. Only if he could, maybe he could have a glimpse of the person, he was searching for . The person he was crying for. The person he needed the most right now. Only if he could look into those onyx eyes again. What if he dares to do so? Would jungkook again slap him or hurt him by his words?. He feels somewhat relived as Jungkook is here, means he's fine right?

Knuckles caressed his face, thumb wiping off tears . Soft yet callused hands cupped his face , for a second taehyung held his breath . Suddenly, he was in the air as he was being lifted and placed onto the mushy mattress. 

Fingers now sliding the hairs off his forehead. Taehyung stirred again, god knows why he's acting as if he's asleep. The older is here, Jungkook is here . He should just open his eyes and hold onto him . And ask the man why he's behaving this way. Where was he? Why is he hiding? Why he didn't come earlier?

But he's feeling nervous . Why? He's not sure if if he'd be able to face him . But he knows can't resist for long. He's dying to see him. 

The touch, it all feels so nice. Taehyung feels warm. 

Taehyung wants to bask in this warmth right now.

He wants to stay strong one moment wanting to stay away and the next moment he does nothing but think of Jungkook.

Thoughts broke as taehyung felt the source of his warmth is fading away. He can not stop now. Opening his eyes taehyung saw Jungkook's retreating back. He's going . Again. He's leaving me alone. What if he gets hurt just like taehyung saw in his dream ? That was not a dream...it was a freaking nightmare. The blood. Jungkook's blood.

''NO! Don't ''

Jungkook halted his steps. Now, the gang leader is not that dumb to not know that the younger was not sleeping. But he never thought Taehyung would stop him like this. 

Jungkook couldn't turn. His fingers curled tightly around the door knob. He could hear soft footsteps behind him. His sweetheart. 

His sweetheart was crying for him. He felt so awful, he felt disgust at himself for treating the younger like this .

Taehyung moves his trembling body towards the man and it wasn't trembling because of the fear, it was due to the anticipation.

''J-jungkook'' 

Taehyung called out to him. 

Jungkook knows how much he resisted himself from coming here when he saw taehyung in that state. He didn't know why the younger was behaving that way. But he sure know one thing that when his sweetheart was crying and calling for him, he wanted to just barge in here and took him in his arms, caressing him, whispering sweet words and kissing every bit of him until the boy is all giggly just like he used to before. But that giggle of the younger was long gone because of Jungkook. The smile left his lips since he started fearing Jungkook. The soft brown eyes of Taehyung which used to shine whenever Jungkook used to be near him now lowers in fear whenever they are close. 

His sweetheart. Oh how much he wishes to call him that right now.  

''D-don't go''

--------------------------

Hey <3 all good? well it's taetae's birthday today, i had to post . Hehe. So, liking the story so far?

Any thoughts?

Oh and wishing you all an early new year because i might post the next chapter after 10th January.....Stay safe and happy. Give a warm welcome to the upcoming year . Let's all continue living with the hope and lights of humanity still in our hearts. Arrigato !

Thanking you:

NIKI