Chapter 35: The Rising of a Queen

Dead eyes. Dead eyes were looking at him, they were hollow, empty. They were her eyes.

She's dead. Amalia is dead. He killed her, he won.

Draco couldn't believe it, she made him believe she would win, and she promised him to be back. Yet, they were all lies. She lied to him, she didn't want him to worry. He could see it clearly now. Raw sounds came out of him, his throat hurt from all the screaming, he wanted to go there, run, and hold her in his arms.

But he couldn't. It was already too late, she... She was dead. And Voldemort was already going away from her.

He won. He killed her. He won.

Or maybe not...

Shadows swirled around her, they covered her entire body. Draco couldn't see her, they hid her so well. They hid all her wounds. They were healing her. Saving her. Bringing her back. Draco stood up from the floor as he realized what they were doing.

They dragged her up in the air. And that's when he saw them. Her eyes, Her beautiful green eyes. They've opened.

She was alive. Alive.

She couldn't believe it. They had saved her, they came back. Her shadows came back for her.

"We always will" They had responded

She smiled. It wasn't a gentle smile, no. It was vicious, it was a smile asking for revenge. She was done, done playing around. This has to end.

And it will, with her killing him.

He stopped in his tracks, and turned slowly, to see her fully restored standing in front of him. Waiting for his next strike.

His eyes widened, and he looked her up and down.

-Impossible.

She didn't wait for his next move, she launched a killing spell at him. One he dodged, but not easily, she caught him by surprise and struck him in the shoulder, which was now bleeding. He was losing a lot of blood, but it wasn't enough. She needed more of his blood, she wanted more.

She used the same strategy as he did at first. She needed to weaken him.

Her energy was full, she could win. It was a slim chance against the Dark Lord but she wanted to think positively. She had to win, to kill him.

She smiled once more at the thought of winning. Make him go through what she did.

Her spells were at full power, and once she saw him trip. She knew she found the moment.

Her shadows ran away from her, directly at him, twisting inside him. His screams were a pain to her ears, he was in agony because of them. She urged them on to end him, fast but painful.

His death would be fast, and swift, but he would never forget it. And the last thing he'll see is her face.

She hovered over him with a dagger in her hand, the same he used to kill her, and looked him up and down as he squirmed.

-I guess I won the challenge.

-I will be back, I always get back.

-We'll see about that.

-I-I- Will get you.

"I will get you" were his last words. He's dead. She won, she actually overpowered the master of dark magic, the best wielder of magic. He was the teacher, she was the student. That's what he always kept reminding her. But now, She was the student who overpowered the teacher. She was more powerful than him.

She turned around, looking at all the death eaters around her, they were shocked. Their lord had just died. She looked at Draco, he was looking at her, his eyes sparkling with amazement, he caught her eye, and smiled at her.

She smiled back, but then, her face turned serious as she looked at all the dark eyes seizing her up. She made sure her voice would be heard as she talked to them all.

-Voldemort is dead. The Dark Lord, whatever you call him. Is dead. I, Amalia Riddle, the one you know as The Queen of Shadows, finally rise from the dark to take his place. From now on, all of you, are under my command, any who tries to defy me or betray me will be sentenced to death. One thing I've got to say, If you all thought my father was cruel, I am far worse. I don't know mercy, and you all know it. I killed many, even at a young age. I'm not going to weaken now. You have until midnight, whoever stays with me will not be hunted down and killed.

She gave them a small curtsy with a smile before disappearing with her shadows.