Chapter 28: A Year Later

One year later:

It's been a year. A whole year since the Triwizard tournament, since Cedric's death, and Harry going nuts over the rumor about the Dark Lord being back.

It's been hard for everyone, but they all masked it well. Ever since this new teacher, Dolores Umbridge, took control of the whole school.

Draco, now roaming The halls in the hope of a distraction from his lost girlfriend. She has been unfound ever since Harry came back with Cedric as a corpse and screamed at all of them that the Dark Lord was back.

He asked everywhere, went inside the maze, and searched all of it. There was no sign of her. His lover, his friend was gone. He's been on edge ever since.

Professor Snape and Dumbledore were worried too, and they kept searching for her throughout the whole country, but there just was no sign of Amalia.

She was with her father against her will, that was for sure, but where?

Where would the Dark Lord hide her?

He tried to remember all the details of what she told him as he sat on their favorite spot by the Black Lake, he needed time to think, to try and do something. He couldn't just sit when she was in danger when she needed help. His help.

He had a trick to help her, but she never clutched that damn sweater, he would've known that she wasn't safe and that she was hurt and not in danger. He should've known. He was supposed to protect her, and he failed.

He promised her, that he would honor his promise and save her from her father's grip. He missed her badly, he missed her love, her smile, and the look in her eyes when he did something wrong. He missed everything about her.

-I see you've been thinking a lot lately, can't say I blame you for it. It's hard when your loved one is gone.

That was Blaise, his former best friend, after he attacked Amalia and tried to kill her, they've been talking to each other ever since she disappeared.

He apologized but he didn't forgive him. Blaise plotted behind his back. He attacked her, if those shadows couldn't absorb lethal spells, she would've died and he never forgave Blaise.

That's why most of their discussions go with him mostly talking on his own.

He looked at him. He had scars all over his arm.

-What do you want? I'm not in the mood.

-I know, I know, you're always not in the mood, lately. But I have news.

-What is it, Blaise?

-Pansy says she might know something about Amalia's location. She asked me to fetch you to the principal's office.

His head shot straight up to him. Amalia? Her location? They've been looking for that for a year now? How could he be so stupid? Amalia had some secret meetings with Pansy. Why didn't he ask her?

He only hoped she would have something useful now.

-Let's go.

They went on their way to the Griffin stairs, passing through the hall where he and Amalia first kissed. The day they learned they were roommates. Something tugged at his chest at the thought of those first happy days.

Everyone was in that room. Snape, Dumbledore, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Pansy and ......Lisa?

She was so sad about Amalia's departure that she shut herself away from everyone except for him. They both talked many times, went out, and helped each other in any way they could. She was in her second year now and still holding up well.