Chapter 16: The Library

The library. Not Amalia's favorite place at Hogwarts, but still, that place is magical. Containing each book from the world, holding its deepest and darkest secrets. We gain knowledge from going to the library.

She got in, and found an empty table to sit at, she came early so that she could read some books before Harry arrived. They were going to find a way to open the golden egg they retrieved yesterday.

With a stash of books next to her, she drowned in the pages reading without purpose.

Hours passed, and Harry still wasn't here, people would come to greet her about the victory of yesterday, she didn't like that much attention but she really loved it for now. Being in the spotlight.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned to see who it was just to meet the eyes of her teammate. He smiled at her:

-How long have you been here?

He sat beside her, putting some of his books close to hers

-Since 10 am of the morning.

-You've been here for three hours?

She nodded with a smile.

-Shall we begin? He stated

She nodded again.

-You have the golden egg?

He reached into his pocket, and let out a small little egg shining, it was all made of gold. No wonder they called it the golden egg.

She took it from his hands and started studying it.

-What are we supposed to do with it now?

-We should open it.

-How?

-That is what we should find out.

She nodded for a third time and went back to her reading about the tournament while Harry did the same.

But after some minutes passed, she kept noticing that he was stealing some glances at her, he was looking at her, he had such hatred in his looks. She forgot to ask why he talk to her that way yesterday, but she restrained herself and kept reading. After his glances turned to stares, she gave up with a sigh:

-What?

His response was surprisingly fast.

-How did you battle the dragon? And the green fire you cast? From where did you get such power? Just How? I don't understand.

-Trust me, you don't want to know.

-Yes, sister, I want to know, I am your brother and you can tell me anything.

She was shocked. He didn't give a damn about her since he learned she was his sister. Well, half-sister, he doesn't need to know about that.

-It's the first time you call me sister.

-There's a first time to everything.

-I'm not your sister, I am Snape's daughter, whether you like it or not.

-You are my parents' daughter. Biological daughter.

-yeah, well they didn't care about me.

-Don't say that, they both love you so much.

Her head hurts at the memory of James telling her that he hated and never wanted her.

-Your father loves you, and only you, he hates me and he told me that he wishes I was never born.

His expression showed pure surprise, but he contained himself.

-Because you have a relation to Voldemort.