Chapter 15: The First Task

Today is the first day of the tournament. All the competitors-Harry and Amalia also included- are gathered in their changing room, where they will put the outfits acquired for the mission.

They were all happy, and they all had smiley faces, except for Amalia, but she came to the end that she has to do it, her smiley face was for the new adventure in front of her. Excited to fight a dragon

That's all they knew about the mission. Fight the dragon, and get the golden egg. That was simple, everyone thought so. Each chose his dragon and they got a Horntail. Harry got a little scared, considering the warnings Hagrid gave them last night. That a Horntail is not easy to fight, nor to trick. But Amalia was pretty glad about it.

She had a horntail at home -named Arrow- and she knows their weak spots, at least Arrow's weak spots.

-Hagrid told me we'll do just fine if we got a horntail, thanks to your knowledge about them. Harry said with a wink while his hand was holding the miniature animal.

She just smiled but didn't answer.

Arms swooped around her waist, Draco hugged her from behind and gave her a quick peck on her neck before murmuring in her in a voice that made her shiver even though it was hot as hell outside:

-Hey beautiful.

She turned around.

-Hey handsome

He kissed her on the cheek.

-Soon, it'll be your turn. I expect that you blow their mind out there.

She turned his kiss, but this time on the lips, pulling him closer to her.

-Don't worry, darling

He smiled and kept hugging her.

-I know it's silly but try not to die.

-Oh, honey, until now, I know that I am very hard to kill.

Hermione, who came with Draco to see their friends, hugged her and said

-Good luck out there, Amalia

She hugged her back

-thanks Hermione I appreciate it

They smiled.

Now, it was their turn, they were called on. They went into the tunnel, hand in hand, with heavy breaths, scared of what might happen, of what is awaiting at the end of the tunnel.

They were welcomed by cheers, people were screaming their names. She looked over at where everyone was sitting. She looked for her father, Uncle Dumbledore. She finally spotted them and they gave her a reassuring smile.

All she could do right is smile, and go on, prepared for the fight.

The horntail was sleeping in the middle of rocks.

-Did you spot the egg? Harry said before jumping to one of the rocks.

She followed his steps, still watching closely at the dragon, he seemed oddly familiar. She almost thought it could be her pet, but no, they wouldn't allow him to come here.

-No, nothing in sight.

-We'll separate, you go that way, I got the other. If you see the egg, show a sign. Let's not try to wake him up.

-What if it's under it?

-Then we will need a distraction.

She nodded and went to the left, She was stunned to see that the dragon was sleeping even if there were lots of talks, lots of disturbance.