Chapter 24: Malfoy Manor

(Contains Smut)

For those who say the Malfoy Manor is intimidating, they're.... right.

Draco described it as a beautiful place, full of sunlight and flowers, but all Amalia sees is fog, black and dark. It's a scary place. A weird place. But still, it's where Draco grew up. It had to be sunshine in here.

Draco must've noticed her nervousness because he held her hand and squeezed it before knocking on the door.

Narcissa was the first to appear. Then it was Lucius. They all had the same hair color.

For the first time in her life, Amalia felt like an outsider, an outcast.

They both greeted her warmly, even if she noticed that Draco's father was a bit distant.

Now, they were all sitting in their big living room. Draco's mother just brought cookies and milk for all of them to eat. Draco was in an intense discussion with his father while Amalia kept staring at him.

His shoulders were straight, his face impassive not betraying a single emotion. His hand was still laced with hers, refusing to let her go.

-Why didn't your father come with you, Amalia?

She turned her head towards the speaking woman. Draco's mother Narcissa was just like him. They all had the same hair, but hers had some strands of black. Amalia smiled warmly and said.

-He's busy, he ordered us to go on our own. He says he wants to talk between adults.

-Sure, I understand.

Amalia smiled at her again, and this time with a hushed voice, Narcissa asked

-How did you both meet?

Amalia decided to respond with the same hushed tone.

-I sat with him and Blaise at breakfast and he noticed my scar. We've been in touch since then.

-Sure, Is he a good boy to you?

-Why are we murmuring?

-Lucius hates it when I ask him about his love life's details. Plus, I already heard Draco's side. I want to hear your own.

She gave her one of her quirky smiles.

Narcissa stood and declared to everyone.

-Would you help me take the cookies to the workers outside Amalia, it may be a long walk but we'll get to know each other better.

Amalia glanced at Draco, who smirked and winked at her.

-Go, I'll prepare the bedroom when you come back.

She gave him a quick peck on the lips and whispered to him.

-Love you, be back soon.

He, instead, grabbed her by the base of her neck and kissed her hard. Her cheeks burned. He's claiming her, in front of his parents. His parents!

When he released her, they were still watching. Narcissa had an "awe" look, and Lucius was just looking at them. But his expression was pleasant too.

Amalia and Narcissa were now out in the gardens with a plate full of cookies, Amalia had been telling her all the whole story about her and Draco since the beginning until now. She asked her to call her Narcissa since they were close to becoming a family. She also told her that she was the first girl Draco's parents ever met.

Claiming they were tired, they found a bench and both sat.

-Did you get my letter?

Amalia glanced at her. Her voice was grave like she was serious. She didn't even look at her. Her eyes kept glued to the sea.