Chapter 18: Fight

-Blaise, It's just a misunderstanding. I have to talk to him.

She has been trying with him for the previous few minutes to let her get to Draco but he wouldn't move, nor explain why Draco didn't want to talk to her.

He just saw the arms, They didn't kiss. Like Hell, she would ever kiss Harry.

-He said he doesn't want to talk to you, Amalia, so drop it.

-I am not.

-Even if you try, I won't let you pass.

She debated fighting him, but he was Draco's best friend. She needed to respect that.

-Please. I'm trying to make this right.

Blaise sighed and crossed his arms over his chest.

-I said No.

-Why? Why are you preventing me from getting to him?

He snapped. And screamed at her. Some students tried their best not to show that they were looking at them.

-Cause I don't like you Amalia, I don't know what you did to my best friend.

She was taken aback by his words. Why did they hurt? She wasn't supposed to like anyone here.

-Why? Was her silent answer.

-You just me Draco, and you're all over him. Passing all the time with him. You don't even know Draco. Okay? He's got so much shit in his life. He doesn't need you to make it worse.

His parents, especially his father. Yeah, Draco told her about him. After she told him the truth about hers.

-I am not trying to make it worse.

-Yes, you are. You're just- Look, you don't know anything about Draco. He's got a dark past.

-Mine is much darker. But I'm not trying to make this about me. I just wanna see him.

-Unless you got some shitty relationship with the Dark Lord, then No, Yours is not darker.

She didn't say anything.

So, He decided to speak.

-What did you even do to him?

Her head shot upward, and the confusion on her face got him to explain.

-He's always around you, he said he loves you and stayed with you until YOU chose the moment you both had sex. He's attached to you. I don't recognize him anymore. And I am the best one to know that this guy who plays the perfect boyfriend for you is not the one I used to know. And I want my old pal back.

-I'm sorry but I tried. I don't want to fight you, Blaise. You are his best friend, and if he learns I did anything bad to you, he'll be mad at me. So, I'm saying it nicely. Stay the hell out of my way.

He laughed at her words. As if he was mocking her.

-You-You hit me? Scare me? Hurt me? Another laugh. You are so funny, I am way taller and stronger than you. You can't even touch me. If it was about hurting. I'd be the one to kill you for his own sake.

Her power roared inside her but she just gritted her teeth.

She stepped back.

-Oh please! I'd like to see you try.

-Blaise! Stop.

That was Pansy. Her voice filled with warning.

She hurried toward the boy protecting Amalia with her body.

-She's going to hurt you, Blaise. Don't start a fight with her.

-Go away, Pansy. It's between me and her.

Amalia judged it would be best if she didn't speak.

A crowd of Slytherin students gathered around them by now.

Blaise pulled out his wand and pointed it at Pansy, still shielding Amalia.

He spoke the spell, and light came out of the wand toward the two girls.

Everyone around them was gasping by now.

-Blaise. Pansy pleaded, ready to take the blow.

But Amalia pushed her aside, taking the spell.

She was pushed and fell hard on the floor.

Except the spell didn't hurt her. She felt it go inside her. Through her.

As if she had absorbed it.

And she wasn't the only one to see it when she rose to her feet. Blaise -wide-eyed- Couldn't believe it.

He threw the same spell once more. She just absorbed it once more, it was easier to take in the spell this time. She slowly marched toward him.

Again. Again. She felt no pain. Only rage.

Her hands twisted. Shadows danced around it. Ready to strike every opponent daring to face them. Vital and deadly.

She looked at them once. And smiled at Blaise.

He fought more, with more deadly spells. But none worked on her.

When he stopped, her turn had come.

To show her power.

One blow sent the boy still on the ground, he was screaming and pleading for help.

The shadows were killing him. Eating him slowly.

Every student around them stepped back. Aware of the threat beside them.

Pansy gasped and went running beside him.

-MAKE IT STOP!! PLEASE!

Her screams and cries merged with Blaise's.

Amalia held one hand curled in a fist.

The screaming stopped. And the shadows returned home.

She slowly walked toward Blaise. Still on the floor, unable to move.

-Next time, I won't stop.

She stood. Looked at him one last time with a smile.

He looked at her with a death promise.

She wickedly smiled at him.

-Don't tempt me, Zabini

And she left.

The crowd of students made her space as she passed.

She saw Lisa in the crowd looking at her in awe. No surprise nor fear in her eyes.

Amalia just winked at her and went on her way.