Chapter 23: Talk With Pansy

Amalia and Pansy arranged to meet in her room.

Since Amalia left Pansy's room, she didn't bother with a new roommate. So, they wouldn't worry about anyone overhearing their conversation.

Amalia is on her way there right now, one more door and she'll arrive.

She knocked three times with the same steady pace indicating that it was her and no one else. A muffled "Coming!" was heard from inside the room.

It was soon opened.

The room was still the same. Nothing in it changed.

Pansy closed the door behind her and locked it while Amalia was still looking around the spacious room, with Slytherin emblems everywhere even on the black sheets covering the bed. The room was painted a dark green color. Everything is according to Pansy's style.

-I didn't change anything. Didn't want to.

Amalia looked back at her and then nodded, she didn't bother to smile nor give her a satisfactory expression. Pansy glanced at the shining ring on her hand, the one Draco handed her three weeks ago with a marriage promise.

Pansy nodded at it and swallowed.

-Cool ring. Is it a gift from Draco?

She finally found her smile.

-Yeah, an engagement ring, actually

The brunette was startled, she looked surprised.

-You're fourteen. Aren't you young for marriage?

-It's not like I am getting married right now. We agreed to wait until we graduate.

She nodded slowly.

Amalia sighed.

-Aren't we going to talk about why we're actually here?

-We are. Sit down.

Amalia looked at her, then at the bed she was pointing at. Pansy noticed the hesitation.

-It's not like I'm going to kill you. We're just going to talk. And for that, I need you to sit down.

Amalia obeyed and sat on the bed.

Pansy took the chair and sat across from her.

-I'm listening.

-I'm the Dark Lord's messenger, at least that's what his friends call me.

-The death eaters.

-Yes, I've been for three years now, If I learn a piece of information, I must report it, If I don't, my family is at stake.

Amalia held her friend's hand, she might have told him some of her worst secrets or anything, but family above all, Pansy had to protect them.

-I understand, Pansy, but I need you to tell me everything. Anything that happened. And I promise you, your family will be alright. We'll save them. We'll help them. Okay?

Pansy was sobbing, but she slowly nodded several times. She then wiped her tears and began.

-It was just a deal at first, but when you came here, he was excessive, he wanted to learn everything about you. He ordered me to befriend you and earn your trust so that you would tell me everything he needed. I did that, but since I had to report to him a lot, I became distant from you, I thought you wouldn't say anything, but you noticed and became distant too. At that point, we were just roommates and he didn't like it.

-What did he do?

-He was going to torture my mother in front of me, and I begged him not to, I begged him so much. He took pity and made me promise him that I give him more information. That's the day you came to me asking for a dress and advice for your date. I took it as the perfect opportunity to befriend you again. I gave you my dress and you and Draco started officially dating. I told him that, and he was thrilled to know that you had a weakness from now on.