Chapter 25: The Yule Ball

The next day is the day of the Yule Ball. And Hogwarts is a mess, everyone is moving around, preparing for the Ball, or looking for a date to escort.

The girls all agreed to go shopping for the dresses that day. They all had a date. Amalia is going with Draco while Pansy is with Blaise.

They've both been asked the same day by their dates.

Pansy chose a sleeveless keyhole-shoulder black gown with an upwards-scooping corset and a circular A-line skirt with only one petticoat all.

They were both in the room as Pansy was trying on her new dress.

-It looks amazing on you, Pansy. You should definitely wear that to the ball. Daphne Greengrass stated staring at the mirror with her green gown.

-Thanks. Pansy's answer was vague.

After the two girls bought their outfits. Pansy turned to Amalia who still had none.

-We need to find something for you.

Amalia didn't want to tell them about the package she got this morning from her biological father, so, she just nodded.

She eventually got a small black dress that the girls approved of.

When she went back to her room in Hogwarts, she opened the package to stare at the beautiful green dress in it. He definitely knew her taste.

Draco came and hugged her from behind, he kissed her on the cheek.

-Hey, love.

-Hi

He spun her around and noticed the dress in her hands.

-Wow! That's a hell of a beautiful dress.

-Thank you.

He frowned.

-You don't seem too happy about it.

-It's from my dad.

-Your dad? Volde-

-yes, yes him

His eyes widened.

-Why?

-I don't know, he sent it

-Are you going to wear it?

She sighed and turned back to the dress now lying in her bed.

-I don't know. I mean it's beautiful but.. He wouldn't have sent it without a price or anything.

He kissed her on her forehead and held her close.

-Tomorrow, we will be dancing all night. And whatever you wear, you'll always look beautiful.

Today was the official day for the Yule ball, and Amalia was still confused about what to wear. But she came to a decision.

As she descended the steps that were leading to the ballroom. Every eye turned to look at her in her stunning sophisticated green gown with her hair loose. The skirt pooled about her like a cascading waterfall. It made her look like she was floating as she headed towards Draco, in his white tuxedo that made him look like an angel with his matching white hair, he was staring at her in disbelief.

He offered her his hand and she took it with a bow and a smile. They were led inside the room when the doors opened. Since Amalia was one of the champions, her dance with Draco would be the first like Harry, Cedric, Fleur, and Victor.

They danced and twirled the formal dance, then danced the night away with their friends.

In a way, It was the perfect happy night before a disastrous day.

Tomorrow was the day for the third Task.