Chapter 20: The Second Task

It's been a week. And the second task is mere hours away.

Draco still hasn't come back from his place. Amalia and Harry have been working on their training for the second task, even though they don't want to talk to each other. Blaise is still in the infirmary, still healing.

It's been a rough week.

Right now, Amalia and Harry are heavily waiting for the task to start, still not talking to each other, nor trying to look at each other.

They're seated on a bench close to the water. Until Harry chose to break the silence.

-Have you seen Hermione or Ron lately? He asked

She glared at him. But still, she answered

-No.

-Oh Okay.

Silence fell again.

A bell rang, followed by Professor Dumbledore's voice talking about the second task.

-"Welcome to the second task, Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions, A treasure, of sorts. These five treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake.

-In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough, Except for this, They will have but one hour to do so and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own, No magic will save them.

-You may begin at the start of the canon"

A sound blasted and the crowd gasped, All the champions jumped into the water, followed by Harry who was pushed by Professor Moody.

Amalia and Harry voted for Gillyweed, except Harry had a bigger dose than hers.

They kept searching for the treasures, helping each other in case of need. They may be mad at each other, but none would let the other die.

Creatures began looming by their side, and Fleur, who was merely inches by them, was forced to retire by some Grindylows.

They didn't give up and continued their search.

Until they found them. All of them. The so-called treasures

Cho Chang, Gabrielle Delacour, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and finally Draco Malfoy. They were all tied by ropes to the rocks deep down. Their pale faces showed no signs of life.

The Durmstrang champion arrived and untied Hermione.

Cedric Diggory untied Cho.

Amalia swam towards Draco and untied him.

Harry went over to Ron and did the same.

Fleur wasn't there, so Gabrielle was still unconscious and tied to the ropes, while all the others woke up, but they were still numb, unable to move nor make an expression.

-We can't leave her alone. She'll die here. Harry screamed at Amalia.

-Bring her. I'll take in Draco and Ron.

She held their hand and they swam to the surface leaving Harry alone with Gabrielle. He was trying to save her while the merpeople were getting to him. Trying to stop him by attacks.

They finally arrived where all the other students were, when they caught her swimming over to them. They all started cheering.

Draco and Ron seemed to wake up thanks to the new oxygen in their lungs.

She was soon followed by Harry, who had the little girl in his hands.

Fleur seemed to notice her little sister and came running towards them. She thanked Harry, kissed him on both cheeks and gave Amalia a big hug.